Texas Hunting Forum

Bow Light

Posted By: White Falcon

Bow Light - 11/22/14 05:26 PM

Looking for a good bow light for hogs. One with high lumen's and a pressure switch.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Bow Light - 11/22/14 05:30 PM

Spot Hawg.
Posted By: mreed

Re: Bow Light - 11/22/14 07:34 PM

I use the marauder light on my bow, it has more of a flood light kind of beam but is still bright out to 50 yards or so. I shot this pig at 30 yards with the red lense on it.

Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Bow Light - 11/26/14 12:16 AM

I just bought one today. NAP's Predator LED Stabilizer. It has a green LED. supposedly good to 100 yds I have not gotten to try it on my bow yet but it's very well made with a tactical pressure switch. 69.95 at Academy. Missed a big boar last week that I was able to sneak up on, just couldn't tell where the pin was in the peep. This will prevent that from happening again.

Re: Bow Light - 11/26/14 06:37 PM

Let me know how it works on your bow!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Bow Light - 11/26/14 08:15 PM

Know several that use the NAP one above and all like it so far. Less expensive than the Marauder and is brighter.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Bow Light - 11/26/14 08:17 PM

Re: Bow Light - 12/02/14 01:23 AM

OK, I mounted the NAP on my bow this week. I got the green predator LED model. It works like a charm, unfortunately the hogs didn't cooperate but. The light is great. I wrapped mine with the expanding camo tape to kill the finish. I also made a flap for the lens since it does have the normal flashlight style reflector on the front. I don't have a light for my pin and with this I don't need it. I can center up very quickly and get the shot off. I even think my bow is a little quieter with it compared to the octane stabilizer I had on it. The cord is too long for my bow and I ended up wrapping it around the base of the stabilizer but better too much than not enough. I am very happy with it, in fact my buddy that hunts at my place is buying one this week after he saw how mine works.

Re: Bow Light - 12/02/14 03:52 PM

Any close-up pics?
Posted By: passthru

Re: Bow Light - 12/02/14 06:07 PM

Mini-Sniper.

Re: Bow Light - 12/03/14 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: White Falcon
Any close-up pics?

Sorry didn't think about it. My bows at the ranch I am working a trade show in Vegas until the 13th that I am not thrilled about at this time of year.
Posted By: Gummi Bear

Re: Bow Light - 12/03/14 05:34 AM

I've been using a EWT XLR 100 on my bow for the last few years. It has served me well. I don't use the remote pressure switch much anymore though. I just click it on, and lower down.

High lumens will scare light shy pigs (not all pigs are shy, but some definitely are). Always start at the lowest light level you can still see with. Same goes for your sight light.

I have the XLR 100 and also a XLR 250, they have been fantastic. The Sniper Hog lights are pretty nice, my Dad has a 66LR, and the ability to focus the beam is pretty dang cool.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum