Texas Hunting Forum

Question about CBE sight

Posted By: Wburke2010

Question about CBE sight - 01/12/14 03:48 PM

I am wanting to get a new sight for my bow. I have been looking at the CBE tek hybrid. For those of you that use it, do you like the fixed pins and ability to dial like a single pin. I would think that is the best of both worlds but not sure if I like the feature or not.

Walter
Posted By: Nolan Outdoors

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/12/14 09:25 PM

Black Gold Ascent will do the same thing for less money. You can get one in 3 or 5 pins and with a 4" dovetail. A G5 Optix XR2 will do the same thing in a little different way. I have an elk hunting buddy that shoots a G5 and likes it. I guess if you plan to shot way out there it might work okay for a fellow. hope that helps.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/13/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
I am wanting to get a new sight for my bow. I have been looking at the CBE tek hybrid. For those of you that use it, do you like the fixed pins and ability to dial like a single pin. I would think that is the best of both worlds but not sure if I like the feature or not.

Walter

the beauty of the CBE site is you can change site housing in seconds from single to multi pin.

I use three pins 30, 40, 50 and dial to 110.

Dialing is pretty effortless, very simple, what I like vs some of the other sliding sites like spott or montanta, is the angled veiw on the inside view of your site tape. Meaning you can dail with draw hand and never have to move or angle the bow to see distance tape or mark.

Another beauty is you can order it with any pin color or size config. 2-.10 and one .19. Green, red, green etc

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/14/14 01:03 AM

Thanks for the info bobo.

Walter

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/14/14 01:13 AM

Thanks for the info bobo.

Walter

Oh, if you get on pass on the yellow, only one that's not real bright

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/14/14 01:30 AM

10-4. What size pins do you like. I have shot and killed animals to 40 yards. But that was the farthest pin I had. I would like to extend that to 50 if I had the need.

Walter

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/14/14 01:34 AM

I like .19 on top .10 on bottom

green, red, green

That's just me.

That slider is addicting once you set it up. Shooting 70, 80, 90, 100 plus will really help you shot so much better at 30 and 40.

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/14/14 01:37 AM

I know that is the truth. I took archery for my pe class in college last year and the coach knew I could shoot a bow so I just did my thing and shot at 40 yards twice a week for two hours at a time for three months or whatever it was which made me feel really comfortable taking that shot on ram.

Do you have to make your own yardage tape or can they make one for you with your speeds and what not.

Walter
Posted By: jsix321

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/25/14 03:59 AM

I have tek hybrid 4 pin on my two hunting setups, 20-30-40-50 and love them. One thing I did do is change the fibers to Scotts tough fibers, their crazy bright and flexible. I shoot all .10 pins and if I was doing it again probably would've went with a .19 on my first pin. Most hunting shots I take seem to be in the 15 to 25 yard range so a larger pin would stand out better on those bread and butter shots. As far as the sight tapes, it comes with them and you can also get your shop to help you with a custom tape or figure out which one to use. They have a computer program for this.

Re: Question about CBE sight - 01/26/14 09:52 PM

I know that is the truth. I took archery for my pe class in college last year and the coach knew I could shoot a bow so I just did my thing and shot at 40 yards twice a week for two hours at a time for three months or whatever it was which made me feel really comfortable taking that shot on ram.

Do you have to make your own yardage tape or can they make one for you with your speeds and what not.

Walter

Site comes with about 10 different takes, and a gauge. Gauge takes your 30 pin and 60 pin and then tells you what tape to use
Posted By: vahunter70

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/20/14 02:33 AM

Jsix,
I have the tek hybrid and I'm going to use the tough fibers .
My question is when you put the fiber in your pins did you flare the ends? If not how did u cut them.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/20/14 02:41 AM

I don't think the cbe rhino pins are flared. 99.9 positive but I have been wrong before...couple years back smile

Well I checked my hybrid isn't flared

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/20/14 01:10 PM

So should I cut the fiber off at the end of the pin or let them protrude just a bit.

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/20/14 01:37 PM

Protruding a tad past the end

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/20/14 07:28 PM

Thanks for the info HoBo. Your above comments about the yellow fiber is correct, does not light up well. That's the one that broke on mine. I have the 3 pin model, so I'm going to go with all green .019 fibers from Scott's "tough fiber." Hope they are as above mentioned.
Posted By: jsix321

Re: Question about CBE sight - 11/28/14 09:16 PM

When I put the other fibers in, I heated the end of a knife blade and touched it to the fiber end to barely flare it. It's hard to tell it flared by eye, but it's just enough to put a little resistance on the end so that it doesn't pull through the fiber housing.

I've got a couple extra cbe tek hybrids I'd sell if your interested.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum