Texas Hunting Forum

Got my first Robin Hood!

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/08/11 09:57 PM

Been shooting about 4 or so yrs and up until now have never done this ,and with the new Z7 xtreme , did I mention this bow rocks!!!

Posted By: Curtis

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/08/11 10:07 PM

Nice but it may be time to start shooting different spots. That can get expensive. Congrats on your first Robin Hood!

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/08/11 10:17 PM

Thats awesome!!! I remember my first Robinhood..... Many many years ago with a Mathews Legacy. I loved that bow!

Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/08/11 10:48 PM

$20 mistake

Posted By: duckingarrow

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 01:08 AM

Maybe it is a $20 mistake but if everybody was honest they would all like to do it at least once. I have destroyed some fletching but not a shaft yet. When I do I will probably never try it again. I would gladly sacrifice $20 to do it once.

Hope to have one of those Z7 xtremes before hunting season. Have shot one and loved it.

Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 05:13 AM

Awesome! I have ruined many a fletching and busted some knocks but I havent got a robin hood yet.

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: duckingarrow
Maybe it is a $20 mistake but if everybody was honest they would all like to do it at least once. I have destroyed some fletching but not a shaft yet. When I do I will probably never try it again. I would gladly sacrifice $20 to do it once.

Hope to have one of those Z7 xtremes before hunting season. Have shot one and loved it.

That's true. But I don't think there is any kind of dishonesty going on with the thread. LOL!
I do remember the first one I did and the bow I did it with. A Hoyt UltraTec at 30 yds using a 30" Goldtip XT with feathers. It was the first time I had tried feathers instead of plastic vanes and the first two shots were it. I was excited and after that I did try to do it again but only blew up a few nocks and ruined some more arrows. It got kind of expensive. I have not purposefully tried to do it again. It's been spot shooting since then and honestly I kind of miss that bow.

Posted By: Damaged85

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 08:12 PM

HE SPLIT THAT ARROW IN TWAIN!

Posted By: apollotheridge

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 10:00 PM

time to start shooting traditional equipment then, youll never do it again! lol. me personally i make my own arrows for my korean bow, so its no big deal. lol

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/09/11 10:25 PM

Yeah, it could get expensive if it happened alot, I don't care if I never do it again but it sure was cool to do it at least once...

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/10/11 11:44 AM

It only counts if you were aiming at that arrow. If not its just a $20 mistake by shere luck.
nothing to brag about!

Posted By: A.B.

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/10/11 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: OFBHWG

It only counts if you were aiming at that arrow. If not its just a $20 mistake by shere luck.
nothing to brag about!

Leave it too you to play devils advocate. I bet he called his shot, just doesnt want to brag.

Posted By: KorbinsStrings

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/10/11 04:31 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Korbin
http://www.korbinsarchery.com/

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/10/11 10:10 PM

nothing to brag about!

I was'nt really bragging, but I always try to do it and just tear up fletchings, this is the first time I ever connected, have you done it?, Let me answer that for ya, I'm sure you have umptine times right?

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/11/11 12:55 AM

man these guys wont let you have any glory.....

Congrats man it is a cool feeling whether it cost you or not. Hang it up in the garage and admire it every time you knock it off the wall!

Are those Carbon Express? What arrow?

ac

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/11/11 11:24 AM

Maxima 350

Thanks man!

Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/11/11 12:39 PM

As a ruiner of only fletches and nocks, I say "congratulations"!

Posted By: passthru

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/11/11 03:18 PM

Congrats! I enjoyed my first one too. The rest have been expensive, irritating mistakes.

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/11/11 03:38 PM

So did anyone keep the arrows they did the first Robin Hood with?

Unfortunately mine got chewed up by a young border collie puppy of my daughters. My own fault of leaving it lying on the floor in my office. I should have kept that door closed anyway.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/12/11 10:23 PM

Congrats on the Robinhood, hang on to it.

Mine were left hanging in the Bow shop I worked at for a while in 84. One with a Browning Nomad the other with a Ben Pearson re curve. Owner of the store gave me 6 new arrows for each robinhood. wish now I had saved them. I have no clue as to how many fletching and nocs I replaced in those days. Now I jsut shoot at different dots as it is a lot cheaper that way

Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/13/11 03:25 AM

im so jealous thats sweet dude

Posted By: RDub270

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/13/11 05:25 PM

Congratulations! It's an impressive and exciting sight to behold. I would hang that high on the wall for all to see.

Posted By: JFife

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/13/11 10:49 PM

The first one I always satisfying, then you just get pissed you ruined your arrows. Congrats on your first

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/14/11 01:05 AM

Thanks fella's

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/14/11 06:57 PM

Great arrow placement. It's an expensive experience!

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/17/11 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Thundervee

Nope just did it once by accident! From which I learned to stop shooting multiple times at same target spot because it just costs money,i.e. Fletchings scared arrows etc.
If you tell me you were aiming at the noc on the end of the arrow you RH'ed I say congrats, but if you were just aiming at the same target spot it a $20 mistake!
nothing to brag about!

I was'nt really bragging, but I always try to do it and just tear up fletchings, this is the first time I ever connected, have you done it?, Let me answer that for ya, I'm sure you have umptine times right?

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/20/11 03:34 AM

Congrats!

Man I want one, but then I think how much I paid for my Hunter Maximas and aim at separate circles....

Posted By: BlizzardMan8890

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/20/11 05:54 PM

i got a robin hood with my hoyt 38 ultra.my buddy didnt believe me and the next time we went to the range i drilled another one right in front of him.that was 2 in abt 3 months...yeah i kept both of mine but i shoot at seperate targets now because arrows are not cheep.

Posted By: KMG Hunting Safaris

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/20/11 06:58 PM

Nicely done! Think you need to send this in to Mythbusters since they deemed it "busted"

Think that you have just entered a very exclusive group in the World

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Posted By: Dan_the_Bowhunter

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/22/11 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
So did anyone keep the arrows they did the first Robin Hood with?

Unfortunately mine got chewed up by a young border collie puppy of my daughters. My own fault of leaving it lying on the floor in my office. I should have kept that door closed anyway.

Ya still have mine. It was with my first bow--an older bear element

Posted By: overalls

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/22/11 08:52 AM

a robin hood ? lol i didnt know that was some thing cool. i did that twice most likely by luck i guess. but i was pissed off lol , cus i was already short on arrows

Posted By: overalls

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/22/11 08:57 AM

doing some shootin tomorrow finaly !!!! been 2 months or so hope work aint this busy come deer season
if anything its going to be another year of hog meat frown
love it though

Posted By: MR5Hunter

Re: Got my first Robin Hood! - 04/22/11 08:16 PM

Congrats

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum