Texas Hunting Forum

thompson center venture vs pro hunter

Posted By: ds74

thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:10 PM

Does anyone own a t/c venture rifle? I am trying to decide between the new t/c venture predator or the new t/c pro hunter predator rifle. I know these are two different guns but I was wondering if anyone had any bad reviews for the t/c venture. The bolt action venture rifle is almost half the price of the single shot pro hunter. Any comments or opinions would be helpful. Thanks

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:14 PM

[/url]

[url=http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=5672]

these are the links to photos of the rifles

Posted By: exoticbob

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:16 PM

yep 2 totally different style actions. i think the venture will be my next gun purchase. i tried the encore before, but still like bolt actions best. i had several situations when shooting the encore that i wish i had a faster follow up.

nothing wrong w/ a single shot action, it just comes down to what suits your style best.

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:18 PM

i am having a hard time understanding why the bolt action is so much cheaper that the pro hunter. do you feel like it is a cheaper made gun. i plan on going to look at them this weekend to see for myself in person.

Posted By: exoticbob

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:28 PM

part of the cost difference is that the encore has: extreme market advertisement (on almost every hunting show), ability to change barrels/configurations etc... I am sure the profit is higher on the encore.

again, nothing wrong w/ the encore - it is handy to have a 24 - 28" barrel that is still very easy to maneuver in a blind.

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/29/10 04:35 PM

I am leaning toward the pro hunter. it is my understanding that you can swap out the pro hunter barrels and encore barrels as they are basically the same. do you believe this to be correct? the reason i ask is that i want the pro hunter predator but the largest caliber it comes in is a .308. it comes in the common predator calibers (.204, .223, 22-250, .308) and is a camo barrel. i just want to know that if i want a bigger caliber then i can just buy a blued or stainless encore barrel and it will fit on the pro hunter predator. what are your thoughts?

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/31/10 12:45 AM

yes, encore and prohunter barrels will inner-change w/o any issues. Aside from a few little bells and whistles, they are dimensionally the same.

Posted By: ilike2hunt2

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/31/10 02:22 AM

2 thumbs way up for my Pro-Hunter! Love that gun! And after you but the whole gun, barrel's are not that expensive. My advise, buy the regular Encore. The extra money you spend for the pro hunter is not worth the extras you get. I should have stuck to the regular Encore.

Posted By: rvrrat14

Re: thompson center venture vs pro hunter - 01/31/10 08:14 PM

I am working on a deal now for a new Stainless Steel Pro Hunter with a custom 6mm Remington barrel. I'll also get a 209x50 muzzleloader barrel for that extra two weeks hunting! I can only find good things about this rifle.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum