Texas Hunting Forum

Red Dot for Glock 19x

Posted By: Biscuit

Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 02:15 PM

I am wanting to purchase one but don’t know a lot about them, there are significantly more choices than I expected. Do you use one that you recommend? I do not shoot it much so I do not need the best one on the market but I also will pay for good quality.

Thanks for any feedback
Posted By: OddJob94

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 02:19 PM

Steiner MPS is Rugged and the dot picks up easy
Trijicon RMR is the most Durable and dependable but pricey
Vortex venom is my personal favorite with the 3 MOA dot
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 03:05 PM

Trijicon RMR is the most Durable and dependable but pricey
Vortex venom is my personal favorite with the 3 MOA dot

Holosun is another good one as well
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 03:05 PM

Holosun...a few varieties to choose from. I prefer the 407 or 507.

Holosun
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 03:17 PM

If you got money and want the most durable you go with a trijicon, RMR is the toughest, then the SRO is nice and big. Kind of depends on your use

If you want to go with a decent optic that cost less, I would look at a vortex venom or a Burris.

On a handgun I would go with a bigger Dot then smaller. Five moa or bigger depending on which optic you buy they're all a little different

Holosun are good and get good reviews, but the problem is they have a 3-year warranty and the next problem is all red dots on pistols brake eventually. That's the one reason I don't buy a holosun, I know the one I buy would last a little over 3 years and then I'd be stuck spending another 300 bucks LOL
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 04:24 PM

So far really enjoying the holosun 507c. It’s got 3 reticle options: 2 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both (looks like an eotech). I started with the eotech reticle but I think I like the dot only better.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 05:22 PM

I’m going to say if you don’t shoot it much, then don’t bother getting a red dot. It’s going to take lots of practice before you get good with it. Just my .02. I wanted one for the longest time and I finally ditched the idea after hundreds of rounds and realizing I’m not proficient with it
Posted By: Greg

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
So far really enjoying the holosun 507c. It’s got 3 reticle options: 2 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both (looks like an eotech). I started with the eotech reticle but I think I like the dot only better.

I have two of the holosuns as well. One green and one red. They both work great.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 06:33 PM

I like my 507c but couldn't get used to it on a Glock. Not sure what I'll put it on. It's a keeper though.

Shot a 19 with the RMR. It was fantastic.
Posted By: M1John

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 07:10 PM

I have a Swampfox on mine and have no complaints at all! [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 07:29 PM

^ Swampfox...I'm glad they worked out for you. I bought two of them based on another THF members recommendation and they both sucked. Threw them in the trash.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 07:52 PM

Thank you all
Posted By: SR025

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 08:00 PM

RMR, I’ll pass on china made optics
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 08:29 PM

RMR Type 2 06
Aimpoint Acro p2

Some plates are better
https://chpws.com/product-category/red-dot-apater-plates/

If I had to pick a 3 it would probably holosun or maybe the Steiner

There are a lot of cheap ones that really aren’t that much cheaper.
Posted By: ep2621

Re: Red Dot for Glock 19x - 11/23/22 08:50 PM

I have two Trijicon RMR type 2 and two Holosun 507k on compact guns. Never any trouble out of either.

I did accidentally accidentally fling a gun with the RMR on it across a boat ramp. (In a hurry to put the gun and other stuff in the truck.) Scratched the gun and slightly dented the optic. Shot it to check zero when I got home. Zero was still perfect. Also used a Forward Controls Design OPF-G mounting plate which probably helped too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum