Texas Hunting Forum

Gun Stores in Houston?

Posted By: Gw123

Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 03:37 AM

In Houston for a few days, any good gun stores worth checking out besides Collectors? Not looking for anything in particular just a few places to kill some time. Prefer if they were geared more towards traditional hunting rifles and shotguns and not AR’s. Thanks y’all.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 11:04 AM

Carter’s Country

If your trip happens to take you through Huntsville on I-45, be sure to checkout Able’s Ammo.
Posted By: Cajun_in_Texas

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 11:31 AM

You may want to visit Briley’s. Great shotgun selection and has some nicer rifles.
And a bonus you can pick up some choke tubes.

Cajun in Tx
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 11:56 AM

Second on the recommendation for both Carter's Country and Briley...both top notch locations to spend some $$...or just kick the tires.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 01:22 PM

Also worth mention is that Carter’s Country has at least 3 locations. The one on the north side of town was where I always went.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 01:26 PM

If you're interested in just trying things, Aethena gun range is kinda fun to rent guns.

Nice to see other Houston area folks. Seems like most THFers are up north.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Korean Redneck
If you're interested in just trying things, Aethena gun range is kinda fun to rent guns.

Nice to see other Houston area folks. Seems like most THFers are up north.

Boyert shooting center in Katy as well.

Carter's I-10 has a bunch of my money...
Posted By: Deans

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 06:30 PM

Saddle River Range on FM1488 is nice. They rent guns and the last time I was in there had a nice selection. Haven't been there since the plandemic, selection may not be as good now.
Tomball Jewelry & Pawn has a varied selection. Before the plandemic they also had a good selection as well.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 07:20 PM

Collectors Firearms, they have lots of stuff.
Posted By: Dove Murderer

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 09:24 PM

Another vote for Briley’s. Quality weapons & employees, they’ll treat you right.

If you’re further north Carter’s on Treshwig, or if you’re further north (Conroe) Able’s Ammo.
Posted By: Gw123

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 09:29 PM

So went to collectors firearms today for the first time in two years or so and was shocked by the new store, had no idea they upgraded. Lots and lots of guns in there still and priced like they always have been.

Went to one of the Carter’s Country stores and they were picked pretty clean for guns and reloading supplies.

Also went to a little mom and pop gun store/range Bailey’s House of Guns, pretty cools old store, had an ok selection of reloading supplies still.

Lots of pawn shops with nothing good firearms wise in them.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 09:32 PM

Gordy and Sons by downtown Houston is really awesome
Posted By: machine73

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/13/21 11:22 PM

Gordy and Sons is one I've wanted to visit for a while, but haven't because it will just remind me that I'm poor.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/14/21 12:40 AM

Same here my man. When you have your own casting pond that just kind of sums up the clientele they cater to lol.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Gun Stores in Houston? - 05/14/21 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dove Murderer
If you’re further north Carter’s on Treshwig, or if you’re further north (Conroe) Able’s Ammo.

Are you sure Able's has a location in Conroe? The only location that I'm aware is about 20 miles north of Conroe near Huntsville.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum