Texas Hunting Forum

Barrel threading. Who? South DFW

Posted By: J.T.69

Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 02:40 PM

Looking for someone in the South DFW area to thread a savage varmint barrel. Actually I have a savage and my son has a Remington that needs the same thing. Looking for somewhere to just drop gun off and pick back up as we don't have all the tools to get barrel off and back on properly. Please PM me or text 4692854242
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 02:53 PM

Class 3 machining
just north of you but he does GREAT work and is inexpensive and QUICK turn around.

I take my stuff from Austin to him
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ccoker
Class 3 machining
just north of you but he does GREAT work and is inexpensive and QUICK turn around.

Class 3 Machining...aka Morgan. He does a great job. There was another barrel threading thread just yesterday. FYI, he prefers barrels shipped to him due to his volume. He is listing a 2-3 day turnaround time (plus shipping) for shipped items.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 03:05 PM

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...8129368/gonew/1/shortening-barrel#UNREAD
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 03:26 PM

Class 3 machining

Posted By: syncerus

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 04:38 PM

Morgan at Class 3. It's a no brainer.
Posted By: 9x19

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/15/21 07:04 PM

One more testimonial for Morgan!

He has done near a dozen for me.

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 03:41 AM

I spoke with him by email before posting this. My problem is I don't have to tools to bust down then put back together as I read you have to do some measuring to get it back right. I have a savage 22-250 varmint heavy barrel 26" I believe. I want it shortened and threaded. I short can I go and keep good accuracy? Have a nomad 30 can on order for it. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 11:33 AM

You don't need to remove the barrel from the action. Just remove your scope / rings /bases / and bolt, along with taking the barreled action out of the stock.

Morgan has threaded several of my barrels with the action attached to the barrel.
Posted By: TCB

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
You don't need to remove the barrel from the action. Just remove your scope / rings /bases / and bolt, along with taking the barreled action out of the stock.

Morgan has threaded several of my barrels with the action attached to the barrel.

^^^This^^^........He's done a half dozen rifles for me with excellent results. As for your question on how short, you typically lose 50fps for every inch cut. That being said, I've got two Creedmoor's cut down to 16.5" and love how handy the rifles are.
Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 01:15 PM

Ya just need stock and scope off.

If shortening, trigger out is much cheaper.

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 01:30 PM

OK, thanks for all the info guy's. Looks like after next weekend hunt I'll take apart and get it sent in. Is it a pain to mail. I could possibly drop off.

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by J.T.69
OK, thanks for all the info guy's. Looks like after next weekend hunt I'll take apart and get it sent in. Is it a pain to mail. I could possibly drop off.

Ya I do drop offs one day a week by appointment only on Wednesdays.

Mailing is easy though, most of my stuff is mail in.

Mail in turnaround is much faster too

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 05:27 PM

Ok so are the instructions of how to mail on your website? Thank you for your time

Re: Barrel threading. Who? South DFW - 01/21/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by J.T.69
Ok so are the instructions of how to mail on your website? Thank you for your time

Just shoot me an email when you’re ready

Morgan@class3machining.com

Took all that stuff off the website, had people sending stuff in incorrectly for the price I quoted, and just had random people just stopping by. Don’t want either of those things

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum