Texas Hunting Forum

Bond Arms Pistols

Posted By: 44 MAG

Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 11:26 AM

Does anyone have one of these little Pistols, are they a good gun. i like the way they look but are they worth the money?

Thanks for your info,
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 12:09 PM

I have never shot one, so take this for what it is worth: They seem very well built, however they are very heavy for 2 shots. You can get a j frame or small auto that holds more ammo and weighs less, so that is what i have always ended up doing. If it is what you want and you are ok with the 2 shots and weight, i think it would be a fine gun
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 12:14 PM

I've shot one, thought it would take three men to pull the trigger it was such a heavy pull. I have no use for one despite their "cool" factor.

They are VERY well made just cant pull the trigger with any control. The one I shot was a .45 Colt/.410
Posted By: okie44

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 12:34 PM

Check his out. Appears to be accurate in the right hands.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 01:25 PM

I think they are gimmicky. No use for one.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 02:18 PM

They suck
Posted By: BigDad

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 03:06 PM

Check out Hickok45's review, seem's to be somewhat painful to shoot with 40s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRVRrks7RA
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 04:18 PM

Yep, I bought one based on a friend's recommendation. I wish I would have shot one first, and may have made a different purchase decision.

The good
-Very well made
-Easy to clean
-Versatile (barrels interchangeable, and the 45/410 is same)
-In 410, great for snakes
-Coolness factor
-Single action, so pretty infalible
-Easy to conceal

The bad
-Very small grip, so doesn't fit (at least mine) hand all that well. I added rubber sleeve which made it better
-Loud
-Pretty good wallop on palm
-Trigger pull is HEFTY

Whenever someone comes to visit I offer them the chance to shoot, since most have never even seen one. I have never had anyone ask to shoot it on their second visit. When I purchased new I went ahead and got one box each of the 45LC, .410 birdshot, and the PDX Defenders. I still have most of the 45s and Defenders left, and about a few of the 410s. That was 4 years ago this fall...
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 04:25 PM

Bought my mom one as a snake pistol. Very painful to shoot. She offered to gift it back to me one Christmas lol
Posted By: 44 MAG

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 05:10 PM

Thank guys for your input, i like the way they look for sure but i think i will keep shopping for a good snake gun unless i come across one cheap.

Take care,
Posted By: Matt

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 05:13 PM

It's not a Bond, but I carry an American Derringer 45acp every day. It's a great little pocket/backup gun. I have always been a huge fan of stag handled ,single action pistols. These work just fine, as long as you remember that it is a seven yard gun. But, if you miss them, the report will scare the crap out of them. Everyone in three counties will know you popped it off. I keep mine loaded with Liberty Civil Defense 78gr (yes, you read right. 78gr) Plus P 45acp ammo and the recoil is very manageable. With regular 230gr ball, however, it hurts to shoot!!!
I love my little belly gun and enjoy carrying it. It's a great conversation peace. And, as much as there are some nay-sayers, nobody wants to stand in front of it. I say carry what you like and practice with what you carry.
Here's the belly gun. I carry it in a Galco belt clip leather holster. Under a T-shirt, it prints like a pager or cell phone.

Thanks!!
Matt
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 MAG
Thank guys for your input, i like the way they look for sure but i think i will keep shopping for a good snake gun unless i come across one cheap.

Take care,

PM me
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Bond Arms Pistols - 08/01/18 06:15 PM

You been up late watching their infomercial? That sucker is HEAVY for what you get IMHO. I'm with RJH1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum