Texas Hunting Forum

$4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area

Posted By: Texas Dan

$4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/12/18 02:56 PM

Another reminder not to leave your firearms where thugs may quickly steal them...

Story
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 01:52 PM

I'm sorry if I step on someone felling's (not really) Just let or Officers (yes I capitalized that) do their job with out all the jackasses videoing and show much contempt and hatred. Then push our legal system to do what's need to convict. Now I would not be against giving the Garcia's their fire arm back then everybody could take a day off at the gun range. wink
Posted By: Crews

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 02:44 PM

Man, having someone scope out my equipment at the range and follow me has never crossed my mind. I’ll be more vigilant from now on when I go to public ranges. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 02:57 PM

Only time I use the word "Hate". I Hate thieves.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
Only time I use the word "Hate". I Hate thieves.

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Crews
Man, having someone scope out my equipment at the range and follow me has never crossed my mind. I’ll be more vigilant from now on when I go to public ranges. Thanks for the heads up.

The number of firearms that was being put in the back of the vehicle was surely something that caught the thug's attention. There's no question he knew the guns were there for the taking.

My wife often puts her purse in the trunk of her car before going into stores and such. I've always reminded her to never do it after she parks but somewhere well ahead of time. And I have purposely never put any hunting or gun related stickers on my truck so that theives aren't attracted to them. IMO, nothing says "probably guns inside" than a nice pickup covered in gun or hunting-related stickers with out-of-town dealer markings that's parked at some Hill Country stop during the middle of deer season.

Since my OP, another Houston area TV station aired a separate report on a number of cars in the area that had guns stolen out of them. And amazingly, many of the guns were stolen out of unlocked vehicles.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 08:17 PM

with the new electronic gadgets, locked cars are not fool proof, I know

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
with the new electronic gadgets, locked cars are not fool proof, I know

Good point.
Posted By: 9x19

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 09:43 PM

Before the new electronic gadgets, locked cars were not fool proof...
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/13/18 11:07 PM

Don't leave anything in a vehicle that ya wouldn't leave on top of your vehicle. Takes 2 seconds to get in it.
Posted By: Gwood88

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/14/18 02:03 PM

One officer told me the other day Houston is the burglary motor vehicle capital of the US.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: $4500 in firearms stolen from a vehicle in the Houston area - 07/14/18 04:03 PM

That's why I will drive 6 hours non stop and piss in a bottle before I leave my guns unattended.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum