Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressor recommendation

Posted By: aggiegolfer09

Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 01:33 AM

I already have one can but wanting one a little shorter. Here are the ones I am trying to decide between

Dead Air Sandman K

Crux Nemesis 30

Rugged Micro30

Any other suggestions? i have heard that these shorter ones dont quiet it as much so I am a little worried I might be disappointed compared to the one I have now.
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 02:27 AM

Which one do you have now?

I have the Sandman K and S as well as the Rugged Razor. The Razor and S sound good on 5.56 Guns and 300 Blk; but are small for 308. The K just takes the edge off the blast and is meant to keep it compact, it’s not a quiet suppressor

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 12:11 PM

I have a giffrin armament sportsman
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 01:06 PM

I would recommend the S over the K
the K is definitely louder than the K

I really like my Crux Nemesis 30s

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 02:29 PM

So the crux is noticeably quieter than the sandman k?

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/22/18 02:52 PM

yes..
I just shot the Sandman K a few weeks ago on a 16" bolt action 308
I really like the Sandman S though
The K is definitely a lot better than no can but it really (I think) would be best on things like a 300BO where you are just trying to get it quieter and want super compact

I will be posting up my follow up review to it but my brother did one last year

https://tacticalgunreview.com/dead-air-sandman-k-review/
Posted By: easttxhoghunter

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 06/23/18 02:50 AM

I have 2 Crux in jail, they are the Nemesis30 and an Archangel, Did a lot of research on them and that's why I bought two Crux. A plus is that Crux is made in Conroe, Tx. Currently have a Yankee Hill TI Phantom, but the Crux will be shorter and lighter. I wish Crux would make their flash hider and brake out of TI though to trim even more weight. I do like the Yankee Hill, I like it a lot on my POF 308 w/16" barrel, everyone at the range always comment on how quiet it is. But I wanted to upgrade to something better on my 6.8s.

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 07/09/18 07:40 PM

I LOVE my Crux cans
Posted By: Dien

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 07/09/18 08:47 PM

Checked out the K and it was still a bit heavy.

I have a TBAC Ultra 5 in jail now. Nice to have a company answer their phones and e-mails.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 07/09/18 08:54 PM

I realize the Omega is a little shorter and lighter, but isn't the real advantage of the Omega over the Harvester the fact that the Omeaga is AR rated?

Also, it was mentioned that you could buy the Omega for $800. Where at?
Posted By: Gwood88

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 07/10/18 03:47 PM

The Sandman S is a great can with probably my favorite mounting system on the market. Very repeatable and consistent POI shift. It would be about an inch shorter than your sportsman. The down side is the weight at about 6oz heavier than your current can. But it is built to handle just about anything.

Other great shorter 30cal cans are Q's thunder chicken and the SilencerCo Omega. Just keep in mind the shorter you go the more you are sacrificing on suppression.
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: Suppressor recommendation - 07/10/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
I realize the Omega is a little shorter and lighter, but isn't the real advantage of the Omega over the Harvester the fact that the Omeaga is AR rated?

Also, it was mentioned that you could buy the Omega for $800. Where at?

I have the Omega and Harvester and both are great. I know some guys run their Harvester on ARs with no issues as long as they don't go bumpstock crazy. I have only run my Harvesters on bolt guns but have been hunting with guys running 300BO SBRs and no issues. So, I plan on trying that route since I already have some Harvesters. I will let you know how it goes.

Check out Lone Star Handgun in Converse (near San Antonio). They have pretty good pricing on their suppressor stuff.
http://shop.lonestarhandgun.com/suppressors-nfa/supressors
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum