Texas Hunting Forum

Follow up range report

Posted By: Kthnx

Follow up range report - 05/19/18 07:49 PM

I am happy with the results.

Being new at Target shooting I need to get a better regiment (6 shots on one target 4 on others)

The left target is all 100 yards. Right target was 200

Previous thread is called I'm done.

All shots were done with Hornady black, except the one group labled non-typical. Next week I will be going out to 600 yards. Will follow-up on this thread.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Follow up range report - 05/19/18 08:50 PM

Way better than my stock Rem 700 was doing in 308, could be the operator though.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Follow up range report - 05/20/18 12:03 AM

forgot what gun was this? pics would be nice

Re: Follow up range report - 05/20/18 12:08 AM

[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/...80515_185602756[/img]

Remington 700 in 6.5 CM
Grayboe
Jewell trigger
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Follow up range report - 05/20/18 12:09 AM

6.5 creed from previous post.

Re: Follow up range report - 05/21/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: garyrapp55
Way better than my stock Rem 700 was doing in 308, could be the operator though.

Well, here lately people have been talking about Remington being a hit or miss, maybe I got lucky. But I'll take the compliment.

My goal is to get out and do some local prs style competitions. Pretty sure I need quite a bit more practice before that tho.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Follow up range report - 05/21/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Kthnx

Well, here lately people have been talking about Remington being a hit or miss, maybe I got lucky. But I'll take the compliment.

My goal is to get out and do some local prs style competitions. Pretty sure I need quite a bit more practice before that tho.

remy is coming back

you are defiantly om the right track

Re: Follow up range report - 05/21/18 02:16 AM

Sure hope so!
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Follow up range report - 05/21/18 12:11 PM

Can you make it up to North Texas for the LR match FiremanJG is putting on? The shooting spots are all spoken for but you could come shake some hands and harass the shooter on the line. It's a fun match or I wouldn't be shooting it, I'm way too inexperienced for anything serious.

Re: Follow up range report - 05/21/18 02:13 PM

Can you make it up to North Texas for the LR match FiremanJG is putting on? The shooting spots are all spoken for but you could come shake some hands and harass the shooter on the line. It's a fun match or I wouldn't be shooting it, I'm way too inexperienced for anything serious.

Doesn't look like I can make it this year, checked my wife's calendar and looks like I'm blocked off that weekend... and yes, I don't make my own calendar...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum