Texas Hunting Forum

Theman's post made me think

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Theman's post made me think - 05/01/18 07:01 PM

When I do a transfer and pick up my new gun at The Frisco Gun Club. The "guy" opens the box, looks at it then gives to me, I take it towards the front of the store in GOOD LIGHT to look for ANYTHING which might cause me to return it to shipper.

When my Dan Wesson came in, this happened. Then when I set the gun in its box another jackazz employee comes over , picks up MY gun, racks the slide and dry fires it. I blew up on his azz!!!!! ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED A BOX OF SHELL AND GO SHOOT IT !!! Asked him if it was HIS NEW GUN???? I told him in a loud voice this happens everytime I have a gun transferred here for pick up. All the clowns who work there hover around the NEW GUN to see what it is, this, I don't mind (ego thing) but when one of them touches it without asking, BOOM get the F off my gun.

I'm this way everywhere with anything I own, he77 yes you can look at it, touch it, feel it, even shoot it BUT you dam better ask me first.

I'm I too sensitive? I'm OCDC and very anal, but he77.......go buy your own stuff welcome
Posted By: Judd

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/01/18 07:19 PM

You - ADD yes, OCD not so sure.

Now, I always ask and appreciate the same respect but I don't blow up on someone for touching my gun if they don't ask. But most guys I am around generally are very respectful of other folks stuff and ask.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/01/18 11:28 PM

That would tick me off. If someone asks, odds are I have no problems. But in my family first use is important. I would never let someone pull the trigger for the first time.

Heck I do not really like that my dealer opens up the box. But I understand he has to and he just checks the numbers and puts them back in the case as it was. He doesn’t this with all guns he transfers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/02/18 09:20 PM

Not at all, keep your hands off my brand new pistol! hammer
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/02/18 09:26 PM

At one of the stores I frequent, every employee is handling, dry firing, and handling just about every gun in the place. I don’t mind it, because I like to check everything out on guns too.

If you went in there and bought a new gun that other people had handled before you, would you be mad?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/02/18 10:08 PM

I won't touch someone else's firearm without asking first, unless someone left one unattended with the bolt, or slide closed. I'll lock either one open, without a word said. No one has gotten mad about it yet.

But in the case of just picking it up and dry firing it, here, you want to steal a kiss from my wife, too?
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/02/18 11:13 PM

I'd light his butt up as you did!!!
Posted By: ckat

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/02/18 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
...you want to steal a kiss from my wife, too?

Depends... post picture for final answer. rofl

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ckat

Remember I am hell with a rifle, pretty damn salty with a pistol, and always carry a knife.

Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:23 AM

Some things ARE worth dying for bolt
Posted By: ckat

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:43 AM

[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/...ee3bd69754eb83f[/img]

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Walkabout
Some things ARE worth dying for bolt

roflmao

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:50 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: JG's Wife
Seriously Garvey!!!

That is what I said peep
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 01:03 AM

I've done worse

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
I've done worse

Well yeah.

Out-kicked my coverage...
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
I've done worse

Well yeah.

I thought it was a picture of your daughter...... flehan
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 01:26 AM

I dont know Buzz. I was shocked when I read it. Didnt expect the anger and rage. May be time for some blood pressure medicine.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 05:22 AM

Nope, I don’t get worked up over things that dont have any significance. If you’d bought that gun from the counter instead of having it shipped to you, who knows how many hands had already been all over it. Life is too short to blow up at somebody.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 11:19 AM

First off. JG is a lucky man.

Secondly, I'd recommend Buzz using Tom Hart (Hart sports) In Plano for transfers. The guy is a school teacher and does transfers for $10 if you have a CHL. He opens the box in front of you and doesn't mess with your stuff. Super nice guy.
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:27 PM

I agree to use Tom Hart. That's who I use with zero issues. Although I do think he opens the box to confirm the serial number before you get there. At least that's how it has appeared on the last few rifles I've picked up. But to be honest, that doesn't bother me one bit!

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigfoot
I dont know Buzz. I was shocked when I read it. Didnt expect the anger and rage. May be time for some blood pressure medicine.

Oh, I can go off with the best of them Bigfoot. I pay $2,000 for a gun, I don't want some jack azz kid picking it up like it is his and raking the slide trying the trigger,

As far as checking the serial #. They open the box in front of me, hand me the gun, I perform my pre- acceptance check, then when we start the paperwork, he checks the serial number. Too many people there just standing around when they should be cleaning the toilets.

I was using David Whitson in Plano for my transfers but he is recovering nicely from fighting Leukemia, so the last thing he needs is me bothering him with this petty task.

Tom Hart, I am interested in using him for sure. nest purchase, I will use him. Thanks for the tip. The Frisco gun club is a cluster to do a transfer. They are just very convenient for me and members get a discount...but its NOT $10,
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 02:03 PM

Great thread! JG is a lucky man for sure. Nice work on the follow-up walkabout and ckat.

As for the OP, I would have lost it on anyone picking up my gun and dry firing it without asking me. I always ask someone before touching their firearm.

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ckat

Remember I am hell with a rifle, pretty damn salty with a pistol, and always carry a knife.

flehan
Posted By: Payne

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 02:11 PM

Well yeah.

understatement of the millennium

grin
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Theman's post made me think - 05/03/18 02:30 PM

Buzz, I'm available in N Dallas/Richardson for transfers, if need be. CHL-only at this point, but guaranteed no shenanigans. :P
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum