Texas Hunting Forum

"new" proof research rifle

Posted By: AddicLee

"new" proof research rifle - 05/01/18 02:57 PM

Kind of interesting. They partnered with Big Horn for the action, but now have a "switch barrel" floating bolt head rifle. Base starts at $4,000, so compared to an AI, it's "Cheap".
Seems to me any Ruger, (all takes the same thread spec drop in barrels), and a $400 chassis and $400 barrel gets you more for less. But I hope it makes someone happy.

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: "new" proof research rifle - 05/01/18 03:53 PM

The Proof is Badazz

Ruger is NO Bighorn
Posted By: dee

Re: "new" proof research rifle - 05/01/18 04:37 PM

Any action can be a switch barrel. It takes me 5 min to swap barrels on my surgeon.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: "new" proof research rifle - 05/01/18 07:14 PM

If I wanted a switch barrel I'd be calling WTO. Oh wait, there's a little issue of funds, too, but I think they can hook me up for less than $4000.
Posted By: dee

Re: "new" proof research rifle - 05/01/18 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
If I wanted a switch barrel I'd be calling WTO. Oh wait, there's a little issue of funds, too, but I think they can hook me up for less than $4000.

It was either the wto lug or a curtis setup a guy had come loose at the lone survivor match. I was ro'ing a stage and overheard him telling his squad about something backing off and the barrel coming loose. Not to take away from anything as I know of a normal setup or two coming loose at matches too. Just added info.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum