Texas Hunting Forum

Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!!

Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/11/18 10:16 PM

I am trying to replace the original stock on my Savage 93R17. It's a 17HMR bolt action. I took the stock off and it says 93F/MKIIF on the inside of it. I am waiting for day off to call numrich and see what they suggest. I've also seen a bunch of boyds stocks on ebay and their website but they all state that they are for 93E and bull barrels does that matter? Can i buy a bull barrel stock even though my rifle is just a regular barrel? If someone can maybe post a link of a stock that will fit I might get a better idea of what I can use. Thanks for the help!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/11/18 10:22 PM

I don't think numrich will be much help, I would call savage, ask for gun tech.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/12/18 02:43 AM

Yes you can buy a bull barrel stock even if your gun has a regular profile barrel. You'll just have more barrel-to-stock clearance than normal.

I do not know if the 93E stocks will fit the 93R17 - I would ask Boyds. I agree with col45 that numrich probably won't be much help.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/12/18 01:52 PM

I have one you're more than welcome to if you ever come to dfw or want to pay shipping. Nothing wrong with it, just replacing with a chassis

Re: Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/12/18 01:55 PM

The stock is off of a mkii fv-sr which is a 93 receiver

Re: Savage 93r17 replacement stock help!!! - 04/12/18 02:54 PM

Ill post this here in case anyone does a search.

In mid 2008 Savage change the specifications of their rimfire receivers(both MKII & 93R17) to what is now referred to as an "E" receiver. The older Non-E receiver measures 7 1/4" from front to back and the new "E" version receiver measures 7 3/4" from front to back.

All of the Savage 93, 93R17 and Mark II "E" receiver stocks have the same inletting and are interchangeable. The only difference is the metal plate around the magazine opening and barrel channel.

Savage 93, 93R and Mark II produced before the "E" receiver will require some fitting at the safety and barrel channel to work in the "E" receiver stocks.
The "letters" after the model refers to the factory stock and barrel style:
Mark II "F" = synthetic stock, tapered barrel Mark II "BTV" = thumbhole stock, heavy barrel 93 BRJ = wood stock, fluted barrel and so on.
Just for reference, the base model numbers are:
93 = 22WMR(Winchester Magnum Rifle) 93R(17) = 17 HMR(Hornandy Magnum Rifle) Mark II = 22LR(and 17 Mach II)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum