Texas Hunting Forum

Bergara rifle

Posted By: spg

Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 04:11 AM

Got someone in the shop today wanting sale his Bergara, I never shot one or know anyone that has one. I know I read a thread about them on here a while back. I pretty much told myself I would never buy a factory rifle again (bolt action) unless it was just to salvage the action, the last one I bought was a Remington sendaro and it wouldn't shoot 1moa after wasting alot of time handloading for it I stripped it down and re-barreled it and had the action trued up, poof $1,200. Enough wining from me, what's the norm with these Bergara's?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 12:49 PM

I've never shot one, but supposedly they're very good - one of the only ones that I'm aware of that compete pretty well with Tikka in terms of accuracy, reliable cycling, and price.

Which model and what caliber is it?

I don't doubt your Remington story at all. Seems poor performance, poor QC, and high prices are the new norm.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 12:53 PM

my buddy shoots a bergara hmr in 6.5 and it's got a dang good trigger and will shoot

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 06:40 PM

6CM in B14 HMR......I passed on it, he wants $1300 for it and I rather put one together exactly like I want for that price.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 07:04 PM

You can buy them new for around $1k. Did it have a scope included?
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 07:40 PM

I have a Bergara B14 BMP in 6.5 CM.. It is a sub moa out of the box. I paid $1250 for mine and added a Nightforce SHV first focal plane scope to it. No regrets.

Re: Bergara rifle - 03/27/18 10:02 PM

With Burris scope, no tactical turrets, 4x16x44, nothing special.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum