Texas Hunting Forum

SBR question

Posted By: bigjoe8565

SBR question - 02/26/18 10:42 PM

If you have an SBR lower can you have multiple uppers less than 16", or are you restricted to one?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: SBR question - 02/26/18 10:47 PM

As long as you are not changing to a short barrel shot gun good to go
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: SBR question - 02/26/18 11:38 PM

Yes you can have multiple uppers for one stamped lower. You must be able to readily configure it to what is on the NFA paperwork.
Posted By: kry226

Re: SBR question - 02/27/18 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Yes you can have multiple uppers for one stamped lower. You must be able to readily configure it to what is on the NFA paperwork.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: SBR question - 02/27/18 06:02 AM

First sentence is correct, second sentence is just another myth on the internet. No such requirement exists.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: SBR question - 02/27/18 09:36 PM

BATFE "asks" that you notify them of the change but it isn't a requirement.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: SBR question - 02/27/18 09:58 PM

Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearm in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant.

On the f1
Posted By: VAFish

Re: SBR question - 02/28/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4

First sentence is correct, second sentence is just another myth on the internet. No such requirement exists.

My NFA attorney says that as long as I can readily change it back I don't need to file any paperwork, but if I'm making the change permanent I do. IE my SBR is registered at a 10" 5.56, I also have a 7" .300 BO. I can swap back and forth all day, but if I sell the 5.56 upper I need to notify ATF of the change in barrel length and caliber.

As Cleric has said it clearly states on the form: "Change of Description or Address:
The registrant shall notify the NFA Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV
25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearm in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant."

That is in 3 places on the Form 1.

You can read the Form 1 here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/f...-53201/download

What source do you have to prove that this is not true?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum