Texas Hunting Forum

Scope anti-cant level

Posted By: BigPig

Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 04:06 PM

Which style is easier to see when behind the gun? The ring around the scope or the one that mounts to the rail?

After yesterday’s debacle, I need one
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 04:13 PM

Rail mount for me. Useful tool for mounting a scope, as well as using it as intended. JEC Customs makes the best I've used, but they are near impossible to get now.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 04:23 PM

I think some of it is personnel preference i would see if i could try one-two before buying one

i use flatline ops and had good luck with it
Posted By: dee

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 04:27 PM

I run a Tubb level. I like that it can be mounted low which makes it even easier to see.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Rail mount for me. Useful tool for mounting a scope, as well as using it as intended. JEC Customs makes the best I've used, but they are near impossible to get now.

just checked their site...listed as in stock (not sure if its accurate but its what it says)
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/26/18 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

just checked their site...listed as in stock (not sure if its accurate but its what it says)

Proceed with caution.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/27/18 06:07 PM

Not sure what you decided but I used the US optics and was very happy with it. It folds out of the way and has a cover to protect it when not in use.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/629842...=ProductFinding
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/27/18 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
Not sure what you decided but I used the US optics and was very happy with it. It folds out of the way and has a cover to protect it when not in use.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/629842...=ProductFinding

I have this on my .300 win. It’s awesome unless you are hiking with your rifle slung over your shoulder. It will not stay folded in, will catch on your pack and clothes and it eventually spun the cover off of it. For range and blind hunting it’s ideal.

For backpacking I have switched over to the Tubbs.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/28/18 03:31 AM

Anti-cant levels are of no use on a Scabage. laugh
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Scope anti-cant level - 02/28/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Fitz
Anti-cant levels are of no use on a Scabage. laugh

popcorn I see you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum