Texas Hunting Forum

Wood stock T3 Hunter

Posted By: wp75169

Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 08:46 PM

First and foremost it’s beautiful wood. With that said the cheek weld is all wrong for me. I think I got used to higher combs and packs. How can you put a pack on this rifle without ruining the wood? Leather? Also will the wood stock hold up to a bipod without flexing?
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 09:04 PM

Triad Tactical. I don't think it would hurt the wood but you could wrap in with something to keep the stock pack and stock from actual contact. That would be my plan.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 09:32 PM

Jeff was kind enough to give my daughter a strap on cheek pack for her T3 Hunter and it works great for her.

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Jeff was kind enough to give my daughter a strap on cheek pack for her T3 Hunter and it works great for her.

Have you checked to see if it has done any damage to the wood? What kind of pack?
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Have you checked to see if it has done any damage to the wood? What kind of pack?

It's just a canvas strap-on pack. IDK the brand. It will not damage the wood in any way that I can fathom.
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 10:24 PM

Check these out. I have one on an M1A and it mounts up very solid. I got the adjustable one. A bit pricey... but it's a 5 min deal with no damage to the wood.

http://www.bradleycheekrest.com/

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/26/18 10:50 PM

The Bradley’s look like the most functional checkrest I’ve seen but but not the direction I was wanting to go. I’m hoping to find something that’s looks natural on the wood stock. I usually don’t care about how they look only how they shoot but this is a nice rifle. At least for me.

NP I don’t know that any of them will hurt the wood I don’t have enough knowledge about wood stocks and finishes. I’m sure anything that would hold moisture would be detrimental that’s what concerns me about the leather I was looking at.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/27/18 12:42 AM

Have one of the shotgun guys cut an adjustable comb in it.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/28/18 04:49 PM

I have inherited several firearms with leather wrap/lace recoil pads, shell holders, and risers. Seems all of them had some discoloration but the accessory had been attached 30+ years. `Without knowing the type of finish process is used on the stock nor the type of tanning process used on the leather you could not be certain. Best thing to do would be to attach the accessory when you need it and remove it when you store it.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Wood stock T3 Hunter - 01/28/18 06:18 PM

I would think the discoloration is actually preservation while the rest of the stock discolored over time due to exposure.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum