Texas Hunting Forum

Carrying extra mags

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 01:34 AM

So I’ve decided to start carrying my 1911 more often. I found a nice owb holster, and am trying to decide between a 2 mag belt holster or a mag/flashlight belt holster. Thoughts?
Posted By: Arrowslinger82

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 02:19 PM

Nobody?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 02:58 PM

If you don't have another way to carry a light, I'd go with mag/light. A good light can be extremely handy. You'd still have the mag in the gun plus one extra. IF you can't get away with 14-17 rounds it's doubtful another 7-8 rounds is going to make the difference.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 03:00 PM

I carry a spare 1911 mag in a leather pocket holster (back; left)
Posted By: janie

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 04:11 PM

Spare mag rides in the front pocket of my jeans.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
Spare mag rides in the front pocket of my jeans.

Yup.

I figure if I need it, it’s probably too late anyway. Things have gone from self defense to a firefight.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 05:47 PM

Supposedly there are 2.7 shots fired in the average shooting. Sometimes the best option is to run like h***. Realistically, you're just trying to survive the experience, not take on the entire Sinaloa cartel in a month of combined arms combat.
Posted By: glb1955

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: syncerus
Supposedly there are 2.7 shots fired in the average shooting. Sometimes the best option is to run like h***. Realistically, you're just trying to survive the experience, not take on the entire Sinaloa cartel in a month of combined arms combat.

Pretty much this. When with my family then I have to take care of the 3 of us. If another L/E is in bad trouble then I get to him when family is safe. May or may not carry spare mags. That is for me to know.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/19/18 08:24 PM

I carry an extra magazine in my back pocket.
Posted By: Olshovel

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/20/18 01:18 PM

I have been using the belt shown in the link here for two years now, http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/proctor-covert-belt-black/ it has been the most comfortable way for me to carry an extra mag, smallest being a single stack mag for an cm9 to my regular mag for a glock 19. Don't think any of the mags are going to fall out either! This belt allows me to carry an extra mag and a ZT0350 without anyone knowing I have either. This has been hands down the best investment for my CC I have made. I am about to order a new one as after two years the bands that hold the mags have started to fray a bit. I expected it to go sooner as I insert and pull my mag every day in order to get the belt on and off. Even with the elastic being frayed a little where the mags are inserted, one has never slipped out. I have even used one of the spots for an extra 223 30 round mag while walking around in the woods. You won't be disappointed!
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Carrying extra mags - 01/21/18 03:59 AM

When I carried a 1911 I had a standard 7rd mag in the pistol and I carried 1 back up 10rd wilson combat mag in a single mag kydex. I don't think Id carry a two mag or a mag/light combo. I keep a light in my truck and one on my nightstand. Can't imagine a scenario when I'm CC and would need one when I wouldn't be around the truck or in my house.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum