Texas Hunting Forum

AR.....Below$600

Posted By: TiggerV

AR.....Below$600 - 01/11/18 11:19 PM

I would like to get an AR in .308 / 7.62. Can a decent one be bought for less than $800?
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/11/18 11:35 PM

Define decent. What do you want to do with it? I’m an AR novice, but most everybody could maybe help a little better with some direction.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/11/18 11:35 PM

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-10/ar-10-upper-assemblies.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-10/pa10-lowers.html

Even with shipping you can get one in the $550 range..
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/12/18 02:34 AM

If its a rifle that you want resell later down the road don’t go to low end you’ll never get rid of it .
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/12/18 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: KK30RAR
If its a rifle that you want resell later down the road don’t go to low end you’ll never get rid of it .

I agree. Now that I’m not living paycheck to paycheck, I’m coming around to the “buy once, cry once” mentality.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/12/18 02:53 AM

I find it easier to resell less expensive guns.
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/12/18 09:16 AM

No......No real interest in resale. Just wanted a cheapnstarter piece to see what I think of them.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/12/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

I agree. Now that I'm not living paycheck to paycheck, I'm coming around to the & buy once, cry once; mentality.

Still the best method especially when you are living paycheck to paycheck......make sure you get the best value for the dollar... up
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/13/18 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

I find it easier to resell less expensive guns.

Absolutely. You will always be able to sell a PSA 308 for $600. It's a whole hell of a lot harder to sell a $2k AR. Just look in the classifieds....308 ARs for under $700 sell in a week, but there's a LaRue upper that's been for sale for a month, and that is pretty typical.

PSA makes good stuff, I would buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a 308 or 6.5. I have a bunch of their AR15's and they all work great and shoot well.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/13/18 01:44 PM

A guy in offuce without too much spare funds wants a ar. I hesitate but ended up telling him about psa. In particular their cheapest rifle kit. Only hesitated because I never stay actually had be any expertise with one myself.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/14/18 04:39 PM

PSA makes pretty good stuff.
I have used lots of their parts including complete uppers and stripped lower receivers.

I have one of their 9MM ARs that I carry in my SxS or ATV every day!
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: AR.....Below$600 - 01/15/18 11:14 PM

My advice is to build it yourself from PSA because they are the cheapest and buy the cheapest stuff you can find on things that dont really matter. Stocks, handles parts kits etc but when it comes to triggers and barrels that is where your accuracy will be and that is what you dont want to skimp on. Trigger is #1 most important part of your gun, Barrel is second and Bolt carrier group is 3rd. Spend your money wisely but dont buy things twice because you bought something like the cheapest trigger they make.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum