Texas Hunting Forum

These guys (Ruger) miss nothing

Posted By: Buzzsaw

These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/29/17 11:31 PM

Now they are coming out with the RPR

in .22LR
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/29/17 11:52 PM

Sounds like fun, especially for some long range or competitive .22 shooting.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/30/17 12:24 AM

Street price should be $499 or so. Sounds reasonable to me.
Posted By: BCJ

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/30/17 02:37 AM

Street price will be closer to $399 based on the dealer price currently listed
Posted By: GrandmasterB

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/30/17 04:30 AM

Got a pic?
Posted By: Grizz

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/30/17 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: BCJ

If that's the case they'll sell a ton of them. Even though I'm not interested in paying that much for a .22, that would be a heck of a deal for what you're getting.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/30/17 06:22 AM

Posted By: HicksHunter

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Grizz
Originally Posted By: BCJ

If that's the case they'll sell a ton of them. Even though I'm not interested in paying that much for a .22, that would be a heck of a deal for what you're getting.

They're available for pre-order at $399 here:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/202424

If I hadn't just bought a Savage MKII, I'd be all over this guy.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 09:02 PM

At $399, they'll sell as many as they can make. Wishing I hadn't just spent about $300 tricking out my 10/22. I'd rather have sold it for $150 and bought this.
Posted By: JCB

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 09:16 PM

My God, that has to be the ugliest thing to ever wear the Ruger name!!!
Posted By: T Bone

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 09:37 PM

Justin, I've been looking at it for two days thinking the same thing.. I like the idea of what they're doing but good grief that thing is ugly!

*edit to add: I'll probably wind up owning one if they shoot.. dunce
Posted By: tehachapi

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
My God, that has to be the ugliest thing to ever wear the Ruger name!!!

No, i saw her in a bar this side of Dallas, it was even an ugly tattoo.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 12/31/17 10:55 PM

I'll probably get one if they turn out to be as good as the centerfire RPRs.
Posted By: mikei

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 12:34 AM

I just can't understand all this "ugly" stuff about the Ruger 9mm Carbine and this latest product. And the heavy hate on Savage rifles! Seems like every time Ruger or Savage comes out with a new product, the chorus of "UGLY" begins. Do people buy firearms to take them into a bar and show them off? Or take them to the range in the gun cases to show their buddies what gorgeous things they've brought? I've always bought guns based on how accurate and reliable they were. Guess I'm old fashioned. My daddy used to say: I got no room in my life for dull knives or guns that don't shoot straight." I say: "pretty be damned!" If it functions the way I need it to, I don't care what other people think about how pretty it is.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: mikei
I just can't understand all this "ugly" stuff about the Ruger 9mm Carbine and this latest product. And the heavy hate on Savage rifles! Seems like every time Ruger or Savage comes out with a new product, the chorus of "UGLY" begins. Do people buy firearms to take them into a bar and show them off? Or take them to the range in the gun cases to show their buddies what gorgeous things they've brought? I've always bought guns based on how accurate and reliable they were. Guess I'm old fashioned. My daddy used to say: I got no room in my life for dull knives or guns that don't shoot straight." I say: "pretty be damned!" If it functions the way I need it to, I don't care what other people think about how pretty it is.

I agree. My guns are going to be used an abused. If I’m afraid of taking a firearm out because it’s too pretty, that firearm is basically useless.

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 01:09 AM

Plenty of decent looking rifles that shoot straight as well. Why would I buy a ugly one?

And I am a life long Ruger fan so it's nothing personal against the company.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 01:54 AM

I'm sure I have more than $399 in my Savage after getting a new stock and plate for it. I might be tempted to get one if I come across one for a good price. I'd rather hold out for a .22 mag version.

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 04:30 AM

So you only date ugly girls? peep
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 04:35 AM

I like it.... 2cents

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

So you only date ugly girls? peep

Say what??
Posted By: swmays

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/01/18 06:16 PM

He’s Saying, in terms of desirability, the lack of esthetic efficacy in this offering may supercede it’s accuracy.

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays
He’s Saying, in terms of desirability, the lack of esthetic efficacy in this offering may supercede it’s accuracy.

Thanks for the clarification.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 02:15 AM

somebody will buy it cuzz its Tacticool woot

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
somebody will buy it cuzz its Tacticool woot

Hey, Buzz, I'm betting a LOTS of folks will be buying 'cause it's tacticool! Ruger will most likely struggle to deep up with the demand.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 02:01 PM

Agreed. Days ago a guy asked about CC pistols and I thought it a good place to ask about the Bond Arms Bullpup9 as I know little about it's reliability but am somewhat interested in it. I agree with those that bashed it for its price but some said, nah, I don't like the way it looks. So a concealed pistol needs to look cool? A pistol that is intended to protect you needs to look cool? I don't get the fascination with the way a gun looks either. I buy guns to shoot, not admire.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 02:18 PM

Some guys buy expensive art and bring home crack hoes. Go figure.

practicality over looks

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/02/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: yotehater
Some guys buy expensive art and bring home crack hoes. Go figure.

practicality over looks

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB

Plenty of decent looking rifles that shoot straight as well. Why would I buy a ugly one?

And I am a life long Ruger fan so it's nothing personal against the company.

Well, I just placed an order for one of these hideously ugly 9mm carbines; and to make it even worse, I got the hi-cap version with a 17 round magazine. That will make it even uglier. I promise NOT to share any ugly pics of my new ugly rifle when it arrives. I'd sure hate to offend anyone out here in THF Land! smile

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 05:08 PM

Sounds more like you are the one that's offended. I couldn't care less what you buy with your money and I am certainly not the one in a position to defend my choice to own such a ugly gun.

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 05:10 PM

JCB, I think he was joking around. See that smiling face at the end of post?

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: garyrapp55

Gary, I was joking around; some folks don't seem to be able to take a joke!

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: garyrapp55

I think he was serious. I think he really did just buy an ugly rifle. grin

Re: These guys (Ruger) miss nothing - 01/03/18 06:31 PM

Possibly. I've got 2 ugly dogs, just like his ugly gun, productivity is not effected. I've got several ugly ex-girlfriends and let me tell you...well nevermind back
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum