Texas Hunting Forum

Quick Detach ring question....

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/22/17 06:38 PM

I have decided to get Photon xt night vision to use on my 6.8.

I currently have a Nikon p223 scope and want to at QD rings to both the scope and nightvision.

I guess I need 30mm, and don't want to break the bank. I also don't order stuff online.

Opinions.......

Thank You
Posted By: 68A

Re: Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/22/17 07:04 PM

Burris PEPR. Isn’t necessarily QD but quick enough with a wrench or socket. $80 at cabelas.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/22/17 08:15 PM

Burris also offers a 30mm QD ring, but I dunno where you'find it on a shelf. Maybe Cabelas's, maybe not.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/24/17 01:13 AM

I’d bet your tube is 1” diameter and not 30mm.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/24/17 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Roll-Tide
I have decided to get Photon xt night vision to use on my 6.8.

I currently have a Nikon p223 scope and want to at QD rings to both the scope and nightvision.

I guess I need 30mm, and don't want to break the bank. I also don't order stuff online.

Opinions.......

Thank You

I'm curious why you don't order stuff online. It's not what it was 15 years ago. It's incredibly secure, unlimited options, and generally way better prices.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Quick Detach ring question.... - 11/24/17 01:58 AM

Vortex, Burris, Badger Ordnance, Talley, and many others make rings with a cross bolt and a nut that is a 1/2" hex. That's the style I use on everything. It's quite easy to back off a 1/2" hex nut, even a Crescent wrench will work, in a pinch. I trust them more than true QD rings. But, hey, if a lever is what you have, that's your choice.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum