Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock

Posted By: pegasaurus

Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 07:34 PM

Have a Rem 700 300 WinMag in an HS Precision stock and want to add a Cheek Rest/Pad to it.

Looking for good options as an add on that will be stable and not slide around. Adjustability would be best.
I don't modding the stock if I have to but prefer not doing that.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 07:48 PM

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

Thank me later cheers
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

This

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 07:58 PM

I have heard that style can slide around and not give a consistent cheek rest.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 08:04 PM

The Triad Tactical does a pretty good job of staying in place. It's a bit of a pain to get it positioned just right, but once on there you should be good.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus

I have a fairly cheap one that was a free gift, but one thing it doesn't do is slide around. I bet the Triads are the same. Your other option is to sell your stock and buy one with an adjustable cheek riser, or make some Frankenriser out of foam and duct tape.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 08:40 PM

This is what I'm using and I'm pretty happy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017K3Z48W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 08:59 PM

What they said on the Triad Tactical Cheek Riser. I have two, one on the stock you mention, one on a Tikka CTR. They don't move.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/10/17 09:02 PM

Got the triad for my shotgun bc the scope is pretty high and I'm happy with it. It was a little bit of a pain to get it exactly where I wanted it but once I did it hasn't moved at all.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 12:26 AM

Google jducos kmw hardware install on Sniper's Hide. It is the best most solid option. Reasonably priced too.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 12:43 AM

Also look at the Karsten cheek rest. I have 2 of them, and like them a lot.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

This

This again.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 02:13 AM

You heard from someone that is not enlightened. I bet I've fired 15,000 rounds with one of those stock packs, no movement when it is properly attached.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

You heard from someone that is not enlightened. I bet I've fired 15,000 rounds with one of those stock packs, no movement when it is properly attached.

Key words there are "properly attached" do it right that cheek piece is solid, not right and it is not. There are some cheeks risers that rely on elastic bands that WILL NOT STAY in place. There are others than triad that will stay in place but are not nearly as well thought out and are almost as expensive.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

This

This again.

.......This again, and again. No problems at all on my HS Precision
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 02:50 AM

I use a Triad with a small piece of foam rubber flooring under the stock pack to raise the comb height.

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 04:10 AM

Thanks guys. I will check I out the Triad. up
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 12:38 PM

I have had this one on my HS stock for 3 years and it has held up very well. I am in the field with my rifle quite a bit and haven't had any issues with it. Fits very snug and holds ammo secure.
LINK
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Looking for ideas on adding a cheek pad to HS Precision stock - 10/11/17 04:47 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum