Texas Hunting Forum

ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:47 AM

Got my lefty CZ 452 today. That's y'alls azz. All I need is a date and a course of fire. Who ain't skeered?
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:47 AM

Not me, I've had my Ruger American Target Rifle for months now.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:50 AM

i'm skeeeeerd but my Sako is ready

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal

You finally got a rig that doesn't recoil too hard for your sensitive shoulder skin roflmao
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:51 AM

Chick please. I got my 20moa rail a couple weeks ago but am shooting .17hmr so count my points or not. Let's do this.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

You finally got a rig that doesn't recoil too hard for your sensitive shoulder skin roflmao

Kyle can eat recoil. Princess is who this match is made for roflmao
Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:53 AM

Buzz, thought you had an Annie?

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
i'm skeeeeerd but my Sako is ready

Bring that and booze. You'll win at one of them roflmao

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:54 AM

Must have a sako quad
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:58 AM

Scope? I've got a 10/22 with scope. Also have Henry lever actions.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Chick please. I got my 20moa rail a couple weeks ago but am shooting .17hmr so count my points or not. Let's do this.

Your .17HMR rounds count like the Democratic vote.

Kyle can eat recoil. Princess is who this match is made for roflmao

Yea recoil don't bother me that's Patrick

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

I have an almost NIB henry small game rifle I need to sell. Thanks for the reminder grin

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:00 AM

Yea you'll need a scope, I'm running a Viper HST 4-16 on mine.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:00 AM

You want to game?? Ill just buy a 17HMR bbl for my CZ 455 and we can game. duel

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:02 AM

Your .17HMR rounds count like the Democratic vote.

I do not like your tone... A 10/22 carbine is my only other option lol.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:02 AM

Im waiting on someone to cherry pick some groups and post them up. lol

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:04 AM

Lmao. Exactly what I have on mine. You won't have an excuse when I make your prairie dog look like a Jackson Pollock.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:05 AM

Lmao. Exactly what I have on mine. You won't have an excuse when I make your prairie dog look like a Jackson Pollock.

I see a callout thread in the works.lol

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:05 AM

Lol my groups were pretty bad when I first sighted in, but it was due to a suppressor I had on it. Took the suppressor and bipod off and just bagged it. Shot a lottttt better still no same hole stuff but it was pretty good for 100 yards with a 22LR bulk ammo. Think I was shooting Remington and Federal bulk ammo not even really sure what the grain was since i have about 5k rounds all mixed together in a 50 cal can I just grab a hand full of mixed ammo rofl

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta

Let's do it. You know I will be there. I will swap the burris over for this and if is windy it will suck with those 17gr pills.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:06 AM

Lol my groups were pretty bad when I first sighted in, but it was due to a suppressor I had on it. Took the suppressor and bipod off and just bagged it. Shot a lottttt better still no same hole stuff but it was pretty good for 100 yards with a 22LR bulk ammo. Think I was shooting Remington and Federal bulk ammo not even really sure what the grain was since i have about 5k rounds all mixed together in a 50 cal can I just grab a hand full of mixed ammo rofl

You forgot the bird story roflmao

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:08 AM

Let's do it. You know I will be there. I will swap the burris over for this and if is windy it will suck with those 17gr pills.

I am almost tempted to accept that challenge with the lowly 22lr. On the fence about a 17HMR bbl after owning a nice Varmint savage and 2 other friends with similar rifles. none were even able to hold MOA at 50, including me.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:08 AM

Prairie dogs shouldn't be a problem for me I know I can hit a 2"x3" target at 100.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:09 AM

That's why I said I could hit a 2"x3" target rofl wasn't gonna come out and say it but yes I can hit a song bird size target at 100. In my defense I really did not think I was going to hit it.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:10 AM

Kyle, crap in=crap out. Start with good ammo. At a minimum try CCI Standard Velocity. I consider it "match grade" and for the most part shoots like it through every rimfire I have ever owned.

Second, dont expect "1 hole" groups at 100 yards with most any rimfire. The wind just plays havoc on the little subsonic 40 grainers at that distance.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:11 AM

Prairie dogs shouldn't be a problem for me I know I can hit a 2"x3" target at 100.

Sounds like a side pot to me grin Josh is rich. Let's get him to donate too. banana
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:12 AM

That's why I said I could hit a 2"x3" target rofl wasn't gonna come out and say it but yes I can hit a song bird size target at 100. In my defense I really did not think I was going to hit it.
Murderer but wait you won't catch as much flack as I did for refusing to sell a gun to Ibrahim roflmao

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:13 AM

I am almost tempted to accept that challenge with the lowly 22lr. On the fence about a 17HMR bbl after owning a nice Varmint savage and 2 other friends with similar rifles. none were even able to hold MOA at 50, including me.

My savage 93r BVTS has always been on point. My .22 wouldn't hold a candle to Kyle's set up so I am not shooting .22lr

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:14 AM

Sounds like a side pot to me grin Josh is rich. Let's get him to donate too. banana

Who told you dis??? Somebody done lied to you lol35

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:14 AM

Kyle, crap in=crap out. Start with good ammo. At a minimum try CCI Standard Velocity. I consider it "match grade" and for the most part shoots like it through every rimfire I have ever owned.

Second, dont expect "1 hole" groups at 100 yards with most any rimfire. The wind just plays havoc on the little subsonic 40 grainers at that distance.

Yea I need to get some CCI's and run them which will be what I'll shoot out of it for the most part the bulk was all I had at the time.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:15 AM

What if its 22lr only? I have a few spare rifles you can borrow if you dont have anything to shoot. @2beez

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:16 AM

Josh said he gots me for however you want to bet Jeremy. Something to the effect yea kyle I'm baller take that side pot challenge

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

Murderer but wait you won't catch as much flack as I did for refusing to sell a gun to Ibrahim roflmao

Yep super racist over here rofl

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

I was spotting and it happened so fast it was funny. I saw the flutter of the wings, kyle said bird so I got back on the scope and dink. Impact song bird down. Kyle did feel pretty bad about it so sorry for bringing that up dude. It was pretty funny and he really didn't think he was going to hit it as he can't shoot for chit 99.9% of the time. We found the 0.01% that day...

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:19 AM

Josh said he gots me for however you want to bet Jeremy. Something to the effect yea kyle I'm baller take that side pot challenge

You spelled Ramsey wrong... roflmao Might talk to him about that first though.

I'm thinking just the right amount for me and you to get brand spanking new Nightforce scopes roflmao

Haha right!! All those other times I miss the most easiest shots in the world and I throw up the gun and shoot in probably under a second and bammmm..

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:20 AM

I'm thinking just the right amount for me and you to get brand spanking new Nightforce scopes roflmao

I'll definitely shave some points for a new NF

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:21 AM

I am not liking the direction this thread is going... Not at all bang

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:22 AM

I think jason said it's 22LR only though. So you better get that savage rigged up.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:22 AM

Haha right!! All those other times I miss the most easiest shots in the world and I throw up the gun and shoot in probably under a second and bammmm..

You can definitely rack a bolt as fast as anyone in the business. And you should. You've been working out that right arm vigorously since you were 13.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:24 AM

You can definitely rack a bolt as fast as anyone in the business. And you should. You've been working out that right arm vigorously since you were 13.

roflmao roflmao roflmao Damn...

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:28 AM

roflmao roflmao roflmao Damn...

Lmao

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 03:31 AM

I think jason said it's 22LR only though. So you better get that savage rigged up.

2 steps ahead of you. Wind and range messes with my pills too he said so lets do this.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:05 AM

Where's the fireman at?

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:14 AM

Where's the fireman at?

Sleeping I imagine. You have been posting some great videos Clint btw. Good stuff
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:53 AM

I feel like this comment needed "short throw bolt" in there.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 01:01 PM

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 01:24 PM

Must have a sako quad

Yes sir

100yards, big difference

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 01:27 PM

I don't think the rifle will make much difference in this match. as long as its not crazy impossible shots.

200 yard max

kyl for sure

Chads baby steel animals

fun, fun, fun

Jason, this doesn't need to be near as extravagant as your other matches, make it easy on yourself.
Posted By: P_102

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:17 PM

Kyle, I've got about a half dozen different boxes of ammo you're welcome to try to see which might work best.

P_102

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:45 PM

Thanks chris will probably take you up on that offer up
Posted By: sendit

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 04:50 PM

This is neat, kinda like a chat room.
What do I do with grandpa's old .22?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: sendit
This is neat, kinda like a chat room.
What do I do with grandpa's old .22?

Choot it,my favorite 22s are

Winchester 62A and my Dad's Remington 552 Speedmaster. ..

they may not be the most accurate 22s but dang they are fun. Both also function with my favorite 22 ammo, 22 Short
Posted By: J.G.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 05:22 PM

peep

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
peep

Oh yeah?

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 06:24 PM

peep

We know you got tons of time on your hands!!!

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 06:29 PM

I think it should be 10 MOA targets, short distances and 48 MOA if anything other than prone or bench....then send us all home with participation trophies!

P_102

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 07:45 PM

peep

Welder/fitter today, building fence braces on the east side. All of you are welcome to come help tear out 1000' of hundred year old barb wire, and bois d' arc posts, and rebuild said 1000' with t-posts and new barb wire. The fastee it gwts done the faster I can move on to the next project.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 07:54 PM

Have a few CZ rimfires, love them!

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 08:59 PM

peep

Welder/fitter today, building fence braces on the east side. All of you are welcome to come help tear out 1000' of hundred year old barb wire, and bois d' arc posts, and rebuild said 1000' with t-posts and new barb wire. The fastee it gwts done the faster I can move on to the next project.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/15/17 11:26 PM

roflmao

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/16/17 02:50 AM

When you want to go Kyle? Papaw is taking me to his lease to help out this weekend but I would be down to help out and can work my schedule pretty easily.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/16/17 03:11 AM

roflmao

Notice how these youngsters avoid the mention of having to get the boss lady's permission.
wife

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/16/17 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
roflmao

Notice how these youngsters avoid the mention of having to get the boss lady's permission.
wife

Hell, me and wifey work together so she is looking forward to days like this lol.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/19/17 08:11 PM

Finally ordered some glass for my deuce deuce, should be set up next week

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/19/17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Finally ordered some glass for my deuce deuce, should be set up next week

I'm ready. Should be super fun.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/19/17 11:41 PM

as long a we have Jasons permission, given it should be a fairly easy set up and we don't have a million stages, we could probably do it all ourselves.

Just remember deer season is just around the corner

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/19/17 11:42 PM

as long a we have Jasons permission, given it should be a fairly easy set up and we don't have a million stages, we could probably do it all ourselves.

Just remember deer season is just around the corner

The young strong guys, that is peep

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 12:12 AM

Really?

Do you know that place requires no less than, often more than, $1200 per month. And I usually put in about 160 hours a month, often more. I should just tell the land lender, the fuel island, and the truck lender to give all that to me for free. I can't believe I just dropped $2700 in fencing materials, they should have given that to me.

Have your head checked.

hanged

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 02:59 PM

JG, I'm thinking Buzz left out the $$ because it's obvious. P_102

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: P_102
JG, I'm thinking Buzz left out the $$ because it's obvious. P_102

As Judd said to me on tbe phone yesterday. Call or text me and ask, and leave out the mob. And I know everyone that's "probably" coming, but I'm not having that many shooters at my place, at once, with me not there. Things come up, neighbors could come by, cattle could trespass, and a host of other things. It's just common sense the man that owns the land, and range, needs to be there.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 06:06 PM

Damn, I was going to have a 3gun match at your range if you ever went on vacation rofl

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 07:07 PM

Agree on that 100%, JG.

Re: ATTN Mr. Garvey---Lets Rimfire - 09/20/17 10:51 PM

I meant we could set it up while you work. I would never trespass on your land without you there unless authorized. Sorry my communication skills are lacking. cry
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum