Texas Hunting Forum

Bergara Rifles...let's discuss.

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Bergara Rifles...let's discuss. - 09/14/17 12:10 AM

I recently posted a thread where I asked if anyone had personal experience with Bergara rifles. There were quite a few posts where people said they were good, some said they wanted one and then someone said that they held one but never fired it but while holding it and working the action they didn't like it and if I recall basically said it was not a very good action..then there were a few guys that seemed to agree with him and made their recommendations of "better" rifles/actions. First the recommendations from someone who knew of Bergara and had shot/tested a Bergara would actually be good interesting information but for someone to dismiss the Bergara rifles without even giving it a chance? Really? After saying all of that I want to thank you guys because it made me resolve to get my hands on one before purchasing it rather than just ordering one without actually touching one.
So last night I was able to hold a couple and work the actions, I didn't fire them, and I'm here to tell you guys that action on the ones I held were EXCELLENT. As stated in my last post my semi custom rifle has a Tikka action and frankly the Bergaras were a lot tighter and smoother. And when I've read reviews on other site etc they've always been rated very high. So I've decided given the chance I'm going to be picking one up.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Bergara Rifles...let's discuss. - 09/14/17 12:31 AM

Good for you. Hopefully you will take some notes and give us a good review. Not just how the rifle shoots at 100 yds but also fit and finish, milling marks, plastic parts, stocks, recoil pads, safety, scope mount fittings, trigger, magazine and ease of loading, etc.
Thanks
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Bergara Rifles...let's discuss. - 09/14/17 01:25 AM

Spoke with a guy at Rifle Gear who bought one, said it was a .50 gun easy with his H-4350 handloads ELDM's He had a cheap Athalon scope on it. said it was great also.

The stock is SO much nicer than similar rifles in its class. His was the HMR

I looked at the rifle at Rifle Gear, couldn't find anything wrong with it and would buy one if I was in the market.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Bergara Rifles...let's discuss. - 09/17/17 03:39 AM

I held one in Cabelas and really thinking of getting one in .308

The action and weight are perfect for what I want it for.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum