Texas Hunting Forum

Ballistic Gel

Posted By: Dave3575

Ballistic Gel - 08/22/17 01:42 PM

Anyone have any experience and good recipes for making ballistic gel? I can google this all day long, I'm looking for someone who has actual experience making and shooting it for performance.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/22/17 04:19 PM

Come hunt around my place. There's plenty of hogs, that are free ballistic gel.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/22/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

x2 and they are way better than ballistics gel too... they have hide and bones.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/22/17 06:32 PM

About 10-11 years ago a buddy and I made some up. My parents were old school when it came to food storage so we had plenty of large canning pans and utensils for moving boiling hot water. You are going to create a lot of heat and then take up a lot of space in a fridge, and you are going to need a lot of time. I would advise moving all young children and animals to another location... You are going to need some time, best would be to allocate a weekend and plan on starting Friday in order to have a batch for Sunday afternoon. If you are going to compare bullet expansion and penetration you may want to borrow an extra fridge. While relatively simple it is time consuming and then best to shoot the product quickly. Don't know if I have helped but if you need specific answers pm your # and I will call.

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/23/17 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
About 10-11 years ago a buddy and I made some up. My parents were old school when it came to food storage so we had plenty of large canning pans and utensils for moving boiling hot water. You are going to create a lot of heat and then take up a lot of space in a fridge, and you are going to need a lot of time. I would advise moving all young children and animals to another location... You are going to need some time, best would be to allocate a weekend and plan on starting Friday in order to have a batch for Sunday afternoon. If you are going to compare bullet expansion and penetration you may want to borrow an extra fridge. While relatively simple it is time consuming and then best to shoot the product quickly. Don't know if I have helped but if you need specific answers pm your # and I will call.

well that talked me out of it. smile

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/23/17 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

I didn't want to have to get dirty - maybe i'll put up a trap at my place and get 4 volunteers.....
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Ballistic Gel - 08/23/17 03:39 AM

Heck, make the ballistic gel and put in some hoggie type flavors, solve several things at a time...
cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum