Texas Hunting Forum

Skeet shooting

Posted By: Quackshack80

Skeet shooting - 08/20/17 11:10 PM

Where can I do some trap or skeet shooting at a range near the Denton area? Need to break in my buddies shotgun before hunting season
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/20/17 11:29 PM

Google Quail Creek, Elm Fork Shooting park, There is a new one off 35 near the Speedway. Look in the proper section here on THF, near the bottom
Posted By: mx3p4

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/20/17 11:30 PM

private gun club is the N. Tx shooters assoc. I'm sure someone will let you sign in as a guest.
Ft. Worth Trap and Skeet is an excellent place to shoot if it's not too far.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 02:54 AM

Quail Creek is rifle and pistol only, unless you're shooting slugs out of the shotgun.

If you're northern Denton, you're probably just as close to Fossil Pointe, in between Sanger and Decatur.

The new place mentioned is off 114 westbound before you hit TMS. Google DFW Adventure Park, DFW Clay Target is in back of the park.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 06:31 AM

I've never been there but there is a place off 380 between Denton and Decatur. It's closer to Decatur.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 12:01 PM

Fossil Pointe maybe ?
Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 04:14 PM

Not Denton but worth the drive in my opinion. J&K Trigger and Bow located south of Sulphur Springs.
Shoot rifle, pistol, and shotgun. Make a day of it.
Posted By: Quackshack80

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 04:46 PM

Thanks for all the info guys, we're going to fossil pointe! I did not see the thread where this topic should have been.
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: Skeet shooting - 08/21/17 08:19 PM

+1 for Fossil Pointe... shot there many times.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum