Texas Hunting Forum

Best MOA Balistics App

Posted By: Null90

Best MOA Balistics App - 08/19/17 08:49 PM

?
Posted By: hdfireman

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/19/17 08:53 PM

I like and use BallisticsARC from Geo Ballistics. Works great and has the map mode for ranging targets with GPS
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/19/17 08:53 PM

the free ones will give you everything you really need if you have the correct data to input. OR you're just a nerd and like numbers and mess around with science
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/19/17 09:02 PM

Most apps give you options to choose MOA, inches, mills
Posted By: P_102

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/19/17 10:31 PM

I like 'Shooter', $10, but lots of free ones out there too. P_102
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 02:11 AM

I have used "Shooter" for years, and it works. Mil or MOA, you pick.

Had two customers out yesterday. As we got DOPE, I adjusted muzzle velocity as needed, within the app . Shooter lined up from 200 yards, to 800 yards based on me making am estimated muzzle velocity input. Then we chronographed after the fact, with a Magneto Speed. The chronograph gave an average MV 22 fps slower than what I had plugged in. I adjusted to that MV, and got no change in predicted corrections. My customer said "now what?" I said, I need a longer rifle range.

It's a good app.
Posted By: Maxlab

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 01:13 PM

Ballistic ARC is what I use.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Maxlab

I use shooter and it always works. I am curious how accurate the map is for ballistic ARC?
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 03:39 PM

I got Shooter first and I like the intuitiveness of it best but as I use an IOS phone they don't seem to keep up to date and I raely use it now.

Then I also have Ballistic AE and its a good app and seems to be kept up to date but is not as easy for me to operate but probably just me and my lack of understanding how its set-up.

The latest I have is Applied Ballistics from Bryan Litz folks. It has the latest up to date bullet selection with accurate BC's they have verified..... not what the manufacturer published. Normally if my input is correct they all give very close dope but none of the above are free.
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 04:36 PM

I use Strelok but FJG points cannot be over looked if you want good results. What I did was get MV over chrono then shot at 300 yards with solution based on published BC data. Adjust BC until solution matches real world. Then shoot 800 and tune BC again to real world. Then shoot 200 to what ever your max is to check. Strelok has temp sensitivity factor that needs to be turned too over a varied shooting environments. My default is .4 FWIW.

The other place I have found for good data is Hornady 4DOF calculator on their webpage. The data there is based on their Doppler results. With my 6.5 CM using 143 eld-x bullets once I had MV and plugged that in The data was perfect out too 1k. They do not have all bullet data possible but a great resource. They do not have in phone format yet but rumor is its coming.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 04:47 PM

Bullet Drop is the name of the one I play with. again as with the expensive ones and as jg points out. these apps are only as good as the data we put in.
Posted By: dee

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 05:29 PM

I use applied ballistics but geo ballistics would be my choice if I didn't run a kestrel.
Posted By: Null90

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 05:53 PM

Thanks, I guess I will play around with the ones recommended and see which one I like best.
Posted By: Maxlab

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: Maxlab

I use shooter and it always works. I am curious how accurate the map is for ballistic ARC?

It been pretty accurate. Also it's not free, you have to upgrade if you want to store multiple Rifles. It's $14.99
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/20/17 07:45 PM

StrelokPro
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/21/17 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I have used "Shooter" for years, and it works. Mil or MOA, you pick.

Had two customers out yesterday. As we got DOPE, I adjusted muzzle velocity as needed, within the app . Shooter lined up from 200 yards, to 800 yards based on me making am estimated muzzle velocity input. Then we chronographed after the fact, with a Magneto Speed. The chronograph gave an average MV 22 fps slower than what I had plugged in. I adjusted to that MV, and got no change in predicted corrections. My customer said "now what?" I said, I need a longer rifle range.

It's a good app.

One of these days I'm gonna take your class, but I hear your a fireman. Just kidding, even though y'all get all of the love and we get all of the hate.
Posted By: redmist1

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/22/17 08:10 PM

shooter has worked excellent for me for quite a few years and I use it on several different calibers.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Best MOA Balistics App - 08/25/17 02:13 PM

I use Ballistics AE. It's pretty organized and I like the way to wind drift input is.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum