Texas Hunting Forum

Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting?

Posted By: ATX_Hunter

Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/10/17 06:44 PM

Hey Everyone!

I am currently using a Benelli Supernova for dove hunting and really like it. I have come into some giftcards and looking at getting a Benelli Montefeltro. Has anyone used this for dove hunting? I am also somewhat looking at the Remington V3.

Does anyone have an issue shooting a shotgun with a stepped rib to a flat rib? Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/10/17 06:54 PM

as long as you can look right down the rib and not see any rib, just beads. It should be a GREAT dove gun. It probably comes with shims to adjust stock.

or buy my Super Black Eagle II peep
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/10/17 07:25 PM

I have a Legacy 20 gauge and I love mine. As far as I can tell it's not any different than the Montefeltro.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/10/17 11:26 PM

For strictly dove or quail hunting I like the Montefeltro. If heavier loads are in the mix such as for duck I'll take a V3.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/11/17 01:47 AM

I have both, hunt dove and ducks with both. The nova is a good duck gun, the montefeltro smokes dove though.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/11/17 04:14 AM

I have a 20ga montefeltro dove, quail. pheasant, chucker, ducks, turkey, squirrel, rabbits... it doesn't matter to it no partiality to what it likes to shoot. Very good gun IMO.

Posted By: TxDiver

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/11/17 12:43 PM

I use mine all the time. The rib is a little different than on most of my guns, but it's never been an issue. Doves or clays, it make no difference - I aim, the gun goes bang, and the bird falls (well, most of the time).
Posted By: ATX_Hunter

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/11/17 07:40 PM

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and purchased the montefeltro in a wood stock.

Next stop is the sporting clay range! Y'all have a great weekend!
Posted By: WBT

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/11/17 10:57 PM

You won't regret it.
Posted By: Charlie B

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/17/17 07:23 PM

My Montefeltro Silver 20 Gauge is my go to dove gun. You should be very happy with your purchase!
Posted By: 0910

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/21/17 01:31 AM

Pretty nice guns. Lightweight too.
Posted By: Buckshot54

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/21/17 02:42 AM

Can't get much better in my opinion. Most of the Argentine outfitters use the Montefeltro and shoot tens of thousands of rounds thru em. A very good gun. Simple to clean too. Lightweight. I have and love the 26" gun.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Benelli Montefeltro for Dove hunting? - 08/21/17 04:26 AM

I'm going to be using one this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum