Texas Hunting Forum

Bergara Rifles, any experience?

Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/26/17 11:12 PM

They look and sound pretty good for the price.
link
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/26/17 11:57 PM

Shot one last year...nothing special, but serviceable....
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/27/17 02:22 AM

I like them and the Fierce in this category
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/27/17 03:17 AM

Look up Sabatti Tactical Rover in 6.5

There are two versions: the older has a 1x12 twist bull barrel / the NEW 2017 model has a 1x8 multi-radial rifiling , lighter weight barrel.

Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/27/17 11:06 AM

I've read a couple good reports on the HMR over at 24hourcampfire and snipershide. Based an those I'd consider one if I was in the market. I'd want to get my hands on that stock to see how much better it is than typical factory plastic. I think the action is basically a rem 700 clone but has some upgrades like a better bolt knob and side bolt release. I believe bergara makes their barrels in house and they're presumably better than typical factory Rem tubes. Would you leave it as is or want to make upgrades?

In this same price range I have a tikka CTR SS in 6.5cm and I'd highly recommend that one. The tikka plastic stock is serviceable but may leave you wanting an upgrade. I have a manners due to arrive any day now, which will put me at near $1700 in my CTR, but it's a quality rifle that shoots as well as I can, Plenty good for me right now.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/27/17 03:56 PM

I wasn't overly impressed with them or the Fierce rifles during a recent visit to Cabela's.

I think there are a lot of makers charging "semi-custom" prices for basically factory rifles these days.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 07/27/17 07:51 PM

I liked the feel and finish of the one I picked up at Cabela's.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 08/03/17 02:56 PM

There is one listed in the classified new guy had some bills come up needing to be paid.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 08/03/17 04:22 PM

Talked to a guy at the range yesterday, he owns a HMR, says it is a VERY accurate gun, he shoots PRS with it. I like all these "mid priced" customs, shows you don't need to drop $5G's on a custom build unless you want to. Saves you money to put in a great optic too
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Bergara Rifles, any experience? - 08/03/17 09:43 PM

Good to know
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum