Texas Hunting Forum

.22 suppressor

Posted By: erathar

.22 suppressor - 07/18/17 01:06 AM

What is the best per price point?

Any that will run .223 as well worth looking at?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 01:13 AM

Not usually. You want the be able disassemble a RF suppressor, but the 5.56 suppressors are usually one piece. "Best" is very subjective. I have a Silencerco Sparrow II and a Griffin Armament Checkmate, as well as a Silencerco Specwar 5.56 in the 22/556 range. Most all suppressors work pretty well; it's more of a quality/warranty/mounting hardware choice. What firearm(s) are you planning on suppressing?

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 02:11 AM

.22 will be ruger charger, and 10/22

.223 Will obviously be a ads.

Probably going to buy .22 first
Posted By: syncerus

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 02:21 AM

The first thing is to decide whether you want to go direct thread or QD. The conventional wisdom is that direct thread is more accurate and QD is more convenient, but as with most things suppressor related, your mileage may vary. I have and like both, but I'm sure others will chip in on that subject.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 03:10 AM

I personally like / have a Silencerco Spectre II,but there are many rimfire cans that will work great.

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 03:27 AM

If I buy a .22 suppressor it will pretty much stay on a ruger charger. What is the quietest?
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 12:54 PM

Ballista makes a $200 monocore .22 can that's pretty slick. Should have one within the next month or two.
Posted By: crash700

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly
I personally like / have a Silencerco Spectre II,but there are many rimfire cans that will work great.

Same here, but very happy with my Spectre II, though it is built like a tank.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: .22 suppressor - 07/18/17 06:21 PM

I would do a .22 suppressor and a separate .223 suppressor. You can run .223 through a .308 suppressor with decent results.

For the .22 suppressor, is there a possibility of running it on other small caliber guns (other than .223)? For example, my SilencerCo Spectre II can do .22LR, .17HMR, .22 mag, or 5.7 FN. Another thing to consider iis how will you clean it? .22 suppressors become very dirty and need to be cleaned out periodically. I HIGHLY recommend you do the silicone oil dip before you ever fire a round through it. Makes cleaning it later very easy. A stainless baffle suppressor can be run through a tumbler with stainless media. An aluminum baffle suppressor will need special media in a tumbler because stainless media will damage the aluminum baffles. Aluminum baffled suppressors will be lighter and only handle .22LR.

There are lots of .22 suppressors out there and like mentioned, "best" is very subjective. Most all of them will work great with standard .22LR. I like my Spectre II. It wasn't my first choice but there was a package deal when I was buying and the deal was too good to pass up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum