Texas Hunting Forum

It's getting hot..

Posted By: DryFire

It's getting hot.. - 06/14/17 09:59 PM

Just bought my first handgun a little while ago and I can't carry at work due to the physical nature of work and the rules they have in place against carrying, I've been leaving it in the console of my truck. I keep the windows cracked so it doesn't getting ridiculous but does exposure to high heat all day impact the handgun at all?
Posted By: TDK

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/14/17 10:07 PM

No
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/14/17 10:12 PM

I hope you're parking in a secure location. I'd feel pretty lousy if somebody stole my gun.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/14/17 10:48 PM

No, I was worried about this also. I keep a revolver in my car all the time, It's never in direct sun but in a compartment. I do take it out at least once a year and shoot the rounds which have been in it all year, no noticeable difference.

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 01:08 AM

QuitShootinYoungBucks. I'm in a gated parking lot at a Baptist University. Wouldn't put an investment like that in jeopardy. Then again, Baptists can be hard to trust... grin
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 01:28 AM

You know why you never go fishing with just ONE Baptist, right?

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 01:40 AM

Haha yessir I do RiverRider!
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 01:55 AM

grin
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 02:32 AM

The gun will be fine, but with that kinda heat bullets can start firing through your gun.

Just kidding smile
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 02:46 AM

Target rich environment

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 12:00 PM

Brother in-law I let em know some days
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 02:26 PM

The only thing that the heat will do is raise the pressure of the round when fired when hot. The increased temps will raise the powder temp, which will increase the burn rate and cause an increase in pressure. Should be fine, though.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: It's getting hot.. - 06/15/17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
No, I was worried about this also. I keep a revolver in my car all the time, It's never in direct sun but in a compartment. I do take it out at least once a year and shoot the rounds which have been in it all year, no noticeable difference.
That's what I do. In fact, I emptied the cylinder just last weekend. The ol' .357 shot great.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum