Texas Hunting Forum

Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition)

Posted By: HankePanky

Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/20/17 04:47 PM

I have the opportunity to pick up an original yugo m48 mauser, in unissued condition. It is numbers matching and comes with it's bayonet, leather bayonet frog, cleaning kit and ammo pouches.

I'm wondering what the value on it might be? I'm considering paying around $400 + shipping. Is that a good deal? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/21/17 08:21 PM

$400 would be a decent deal. Probably worth up to $500. These used to be very common but the surplus market has dried up on these and all other Mausers. I've seen lesser quality go for $350. About 7-8 years ago when I bought mine I paid $170 out the door, but they were very plentiful then.

These are good rifles and great shooters.
Posted By: Mister Sir

Re: Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/21/17 11:00 PM

Saw some at cabelas FW in varying conditions at
$299-$349 believe they were m48 in 8mm. About a month ago, I didn't bite. The one for $349 was excellent not unissued. I'm a little bit of a mosin guy, I got one Spanish Mauser so maybe I'm not the best judge.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/24/17 01:29 PM

That price is not bad for un-issued and the accessories.
Posted By: HankePanky

Re: Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/24/17 04:36 PM

Thanks for all the input. As is the case with most gun purchases, I now have to decide if I would rather buy this or another gun for the same price... Always a dilemma.
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: Yugo M48 Mauser value? (in unissued condition) - 04/25/17 01:13 PM

The value of these will probably only rise, as the days of plentiful surplus rifles are about to be a thing of the past.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum