Texas Hunting Forum

AR-15 parts upgrades?

Posted By: n_rut

AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 01:18 AM

Just bought an Armalite Eagle optics ready carbine in .223 Wylde with heavy 16" barrel. I'm gonna put a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6-24 on it as well. Any opinions on what parts to upgrade besides the trigger to enhance the performance of this firearm? All advise and knowledge is greatly appreciated and thanks.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 01:32 AM

Put a trigger in it and shoot away
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 05:04 AM

Trigger and ammo. Head to the range.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 01:53 PM

based on what you have and don't yet want to invest in a significant trigger upgrade, good ammo. That said, i like the JP spring kit. it's very affordable and will lighten the pull significantly. does nothing to clear up any gritty feeling. FYI, the warning that comes with lighter springs is that it may not strike the firing pin hard enough to set off harder military type primers. I;ve not experienced this problem but i generally don't shoot surplus ammo but apparently the mililtary has. which is the official stated reason why, along with safety for accidential discharge, the milspec trigger is the way it.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 02:29 PM

I did the jp yellow springs in mine last week and shot it this weekend without a problem.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 03:02 PM

A good trigger helps every rifle.

Does this one have a free float handgaurd on it? My Armalite did not, and when I switched it over to free float, the grouping was literally cut in half.
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 05:57 PM

A trigger is usually the best AR upgrade out there. Sometimes on a rifle with a scope, an extended charging handle can be nice.
Posted By: n_rut

Re: AR-15 parts upgrades? - 03/20/17 07:42 PM

Good info. folks, it has the factory handguard right now. I'll check on the type of hand guard tonight. It's a 6" and I doubt it's free float.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum