Texas Hunting Forum

ar15 lower with tension screw

Posted By: Matt Hejl

ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 12:53 AM

I bought an Aero Precision lower that has the adjustable tension screw on it. How does this work? Its under the pistol grip, so do you have to tighten it and then put the grip back on to check it? And then repeat the process until you have it where you want it?

I dont have the lower together yet, waiting on the LPK, but just curious on how it works.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 01:07 AM

It's to keep the upper and lower from having a lot of slop between them. Mate the upper and lower and adjust the screw until you're happy, then install the grip.

Re: ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
It's to keep the upper and lower from having a lot of slop between them. Mate the upper and lower and adjust the screw until you're happy, then install the grip.

Just going by memory but doesnt the detent for the locking pin held together by the pistol grip? Or is that the safety detent?
Posted By: SR025

Re: ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 02:27 AM

The grip holds the safety detent. The rear take down pin detent is held by the receiver end plate

Re: ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SR025
The grip holds the safety detent. The rear take down pin detent is held by the receiver end plate

thats right...ok then. I guess when I get my LPK and Stock kit in, I will fool around with it.

thanks
Posted By: Huckleberry75

Re: ar15 lower with tension screw - 03/12/17 05:07 AM

I had a smith install one on my lmt lower. took all of the slop/play/wiggle out of the upper/lower. Haven't wrung out the load yet to determine if it improved accuracy, but it sure couldn't hurt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum