Texas Hunting Forum

Won an O/U - Keep or Sell?

Posted By: oilag

Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 12:32 AM

Hey guys - always wanted an over under but have never been able to afford a nice one. Last week i was lucky enough to win the DU shotgun of the year - a special edition fausti 12 ga with 28" barrels. I have a couple semi autos that i hunt with and will take to the sporting clay tournaments but they are beat to ****.
The semis are definitely not as pretty as this thing- but i do shoot really well with my duck guns. I want to make sure i want this thing before i put rounds down the barrel. If i did keep the gun id use it for the ocasional sporting clay tourny. What do yall think about the gun, brand, barrel length, etc. Im especially interested in thoughts on the brand (since i had not heard of this brand) and on barrel length b/c the gun looks and feels very small to me. Thanks in advance for the opinions!
Posted By: Pondfishin

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 01:10 AM

How much is that worth? I'd probably sell it and buy an over under in the $1500-2000 range. Or even a cheapo yildiz from Academy for far under $1k.

Shotguns like krieghoff and other high end over unders are for people who just don't know what a budget is.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 01:24 AM

is it a Sporting model or hunting model? does it have any model numbers on it?
Posted By: oilag

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 02:37 PM

Not really sure. Here's a link for one online that is for sale - its not mine but it looks the same.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100816394
Posted By: P_102

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 02:43 PM

Based on the slim forearm I would say it's a hunting model.....but I'm only going by what I've seen from other manufacturers. P_102
Posted By: H/F TEXAS

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 03:28 PM

Definitely keep it, if wanting an over/under. Fausti is a nice/well made Italian gun.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 04:01 PM

Fausti is a very well made firearm. If it fits/feels good to you, keep it and enjoy it.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Won an O/U - Keep or Sell? - 02/20/17 07:46 PM

Got the same gun just a few years back, probably the Silvery model. They are nice shotguns and Fausti would like to see them hunted with, I contacted them about the one we ended up with.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum