Texas Hunting Forum

Family at the range over Thanksgiving

Posted By: mikei

Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/26/16 05:04 PM

The Thundering Herd descended upon us for the Thanksgiving celebration, and one of the traditions is we all truck out to the range with a wide variety of guns and ammo to do some semi-serious target shooting. Lots and LOTS of ammunition was expended, lots of fun was had all by 16 of us. Being the rangemaster is sometimes a bit challenging, but since the whole fam damily grew up with guns and this annual tradition, there were no safety issues or even close calls. The Taurus Millenium G2 was a very popular piece at the shoot-in, and it passed the 700 round mark, still without a FTF or FTE. For the first time in years, old grandpa here won the handgun contest using the new Ruger MK IV. (tightest 10 round group on a paper plate at 25 yards, slow fire, off hand, no glass or laser sights allowed) We all reminded ourselves about how lucky we are, and remembered, at each meal, to ask the good Lord to watch out for the men and women in military uniforms, as well as the LEO's, firemen, EM's and others who go in harm's way every day to allow us to enjoy the life we have!
Posted By: papa45

Re: Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/26/16 05:29 PM

Ain't it great to live in America!
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/26/16 06:02 PM

Glad you got to have a great time with family.

I know when my son comes home on leave, we go through more ammo than I generally do all year.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/26/16 06:09 PM

I am so looking forward to building my house on my land. The rifle range will be a 250 yard drove from the front door of the house. I sure hope to make Thanksgiving a multi-day even for family to come out, burn some powder and wet a hook.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/27/16 10:33 AM

Good times
Posted By: watchale

Re: Family at the range over Thanksgiving - 11/27/16 04:31 PM

Awesome man up
rifle:
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum