Texas Hunting Forum

Can't decide on a trigger

Posted By: MacDaddy21

Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 04:51 PM

Can't decide which trigger I want to put in my 6.5 creed AR-10. The rifle will be used primarily for hunting and some target shooting. I've always run Geissele triggers in my ARs and really like the Geissele SSA-E and SD-E triggers and those are what I am accustomed to. A few years ago, a buddy let me run a few mags through his 3-gun AR with an AR Gold Trigger. It was an incredible trigger and really impressed me, and I saw why Jerry Miculek uses/endorses them. I was going to get the Geissele simply because it is what I am familiar with, until I noticed Brownells has the AR Gold on sale and now I can't make up my mind. I know a lot of forum members have experience with Geissele triggers, but not sure how many have also tried AR Gold triggers. Anyone? Thoughts and comments (about the triggers mentioned) are welcome!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 05:06 PM

I've bought a couple of Velocity triggers, they are fantastic. Do yourself a favor and check them out. The owner, I believe, was the lead designer for Jewell triggers.

http://velocitytriggers.com/shop.php
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 06:41 PM

owner of velocity used to work for timmney. he makes awesome triggers for an awesome price. paid 130 for my 3lb

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 07:34 PM

Velocity triggers may be nice but I'd prefer to hear from those who have experience with Geissele and AR Gold. A lot of people also really like CMC triggers and I really don't like them, especially compared to my Geissele's.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 09:24 PM

Then buy your beloved Geissele and be done with it.

THREAD CLOSED
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 09:33 PM

Either will be fine. Trigger is a personal preference thing, only you can pick the one you like.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Then buy your beloved Geissele and be done with it.

THREAD CLOSED

If you had thoroughly read my first post, you'd have known that I wanted to hear from people with experience with Geissele and AR Gold triggers. I also specifically wrote that I wanted thoughts and comments "about the triggers mentioned" so I am sorry that I don't care about your "beloved" Velocity triggers. Why respond if you have no relevant experience?

Take your crappy attitude somewhere else.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim9880
Either will be fine. Trigger is a personal preference thing, only you can pick the one you like.

Yes, either will be fine. They are both high quality triggers. However, they are two totally different types of triggers. This is why I am asking for comments from people who have ACTUAL experience with them. I'm not sure why that is so hard for some to understand.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 10:17 PM

Ok. Let me rephrase that. I have shot an AR gold trigger, as well as Geissele national match, 2GS, and SSA triggers. They are all good triggers, and again, its personal preference. I dont think anyone on the forum can pick your trigger for you.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 10:20 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AmIR8uWOSrjJQWQ

They do a review of the AR Gold that might help you decide.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

Yes, either will be fine. They are both high quality triggers. However, they are two totally different types of triggers. This is why I am asking for comments from people who have ACTUAL experience with them. I'm not sure why that is so hard for some to understand.

Why don't you go read your OP to yourself in the mirror, then you can answer your own questions and hear from somebody that has experience with both. You stated in the OP that you have experience with both, did you not? Nobody can tell you what trigger you will like.

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

Why don't you go read your OP to yourself in the mirror, then you can answer your own questions and hear from somebody that has experience with both. You stated in the OP that you have experience with both, did you not? Nobody can tell you what trigger you will like.

Well, I said I am very familiar with Geissele triggers because I own several, and that I shot a few mags through a friends gun with an AR Gold trigger several years ago. I don't consider myself to have a lot of experience with a trigger I tried once. Its been a while since I felt that trigger and I just figured I'd ask if anyone had used them both in a hunting application and heavily favored one over the other for whatever reason, but now I regret asking. I don't need someone to tell me what I'll like better.
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 11:29 PM

perhaps buy one of the AR gold triggers to run it through its paces, then if you end up not liking it you could trade or sell it off for a geissele. also then you would have both to compare side by side since you already have geisseles in your other AR's. only difference would be the caliber.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 11:38 PM

I recently built a LR-708 and put a Geissele SSAE. Absolutely love the trigger and its performance. No experience with gold triggers but go with what you like better. Both are solid triggers.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/19/16 11:47 PM

Dang, theys some sore vajayjay's in here today.
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/20/16 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: poisonivie
Dang, theys some sore vajayjay's in here today.
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/20/16 02:46 PM

I have a SSA-E and a G2S. I almost think the G2S feels better. That's what I'll be putting in my future ARs!
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Can't decide on a trigger - 11/20/16 11:48 PM

My favorite is Wilson Combat single stage.
I order them at 3lbs vs the standard 4.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum