Texas Hunting Forum

Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices?

Posted By: Texas Dan

Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:36 PM

What do you think? I don't see where it could hurt either.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:39 PM

I am hoping it impacts suppressor laws!

I have a dream that one day I can buy/sell suppressors the same way I can buy/sell firearms.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:39 PM

I can see a slow down in sales of both, but I've been very wrong in some other recent predictions too..
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:40 PM

I doubt it.

Thank goodness the dems won't be running the show.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:42 PM

Yes, Trump's win will have a major impact! Gun and Ammo sales and prices will not spike, you WILL be able to find the ammo that you need on the shelf. you WILL be able to find reloading components. You will not see people standing in line at Academy every morning waiting to see what their ammo shipment holds. That, my friends, IS a major impact.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

I have a dream that one day I can buy/sell suppressors the same way I can buy/sell firearms.

That would be really nice... there a like button on this post????
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Not likely going to happen. Our rights to bear arms will remain intact. Sales will moderate. But getting your hands on a SBR, full auto gun, or suppressor will still take the red tape.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Creedmoor
Originally Posted By: redchevy

Not likely going to happen. Our rights to bear arms will remain intact. Sales will moderate. But getting your hands on a SBR, full auto gun, or suppressor will still take the red tape.

Could repeal the 41f eo
Posted By: tcr2

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 07:53 PM

22 LR should be easier to find. Ar-15 prices will drop, everyone was expecting a Hillary win. Black Friday to Christmas the box stores will have on sale.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 07:53 PM

Get rid of the stupid NFA act!
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 07:54 PM

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/3799/all-info
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 08:40 PM

Get it done. Yesterday.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 09:04 PM

Hearing Protection Act could definitely pass meaning suppressors bought like guns. We could also see a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity for all 50 states. I believe there are 4 different Bills written for that. Maybe a NICS Background Check Reform to fix the existing background check and also a Mental Health reform so that people with problems can get help without losing their guns so they have less reason to not get help. There could also be more collectible guns imported under The Collectible Firearms Protection Act.

I think we might actually see lower prices for a short time. I imagine some companies stocked up expecting a rush if Clinton won. Now they could have large orders coming in and large inventories that need to go.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 10:20 PM

I wasn't aware of that bill. I'm certain that anyone can see the reasons for it, as well as those that are against it. Has it been submitted in this form before?
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 11:51 PM

If that ever comes to fruition, my 6.8 gets a muffler.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/09/16 11:55 PM

Just received an email from SilencerCo regarding this bill.
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/10/16 01:30 AM

The peace with Russia might bring over some more cheap surplus, but who knows.

If we can get crates of mosins for <$1k again, sign me up. I see nothing but good coming from his election and the RNC having control of the house/senate/etc. at least in regards to gun laws. I cannot express how happy I am to know that I only have a couple of months left to deal with all the damage obongo does with his speeches. Every time he opens his mouth he incites a riot.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/10/16 05:14 PM

My guess is we will see some pretty good deals on guns, ammo, reloading, etc for the next couple years.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/11/16 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: tcr2
22 LR should be easier to find. Ar-15 prices will drop, everyone was expecting a Hillary win. Black Friday to Christmas the box stores will have on sale.
cabelas has had end cap full of 22lr for months
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/11/16 03:20 AM

Over the last two days my email inbox has been blowing up with product notifications from Midway that I had put in long ago during the ammo shortage. Makes me wonder if one or more of the ammo manufacturers either held inventory back for a perceived upcoming panic buy or they ramped up production anticipating one that now will not happen.
Posted By: Troubador

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/11/16 03:53 AM

i had the owner of a gun store tell me yesterday he sank his whole savings into buy more ammo and AR's to have them to sell yesterday morning for hillary winning since thats what he thought would happen. he said he was glad trump won but sucks he spent his savings for inventory but he said he will sell it all it will just take some time.
Posted By: Dupi

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/12/16 12:01 AM

Saw u pick up that AR troubador, did u get a chance to shoot it??
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Will Trump's election have any impact on gun and ammo prices? - 11/12/16 01:30 AM

I don't think it will have any effect other than to keep the prices the same as they are.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum