Texas Hunting Forum

Taurus Millenium Final Test

Posted By: mikei

Taurus Millenium Final Test - 11/01/16 05:47 PM

Took the Taurus out this morning and went through one of my favorite drills: 5 shots; 5 yards; 5 seconds; 5 inch circle. I also do the drill 5 times to improve the sample size. (The attached pictures are of my best and worst results from the drill) The only handgun I own that I shoot better on this drill is my KelTec PMR30, and when I compared the targets there was only a small improvement; certainly not statistically significant. My conclusion is that using my sample of one pistol, the Gen 2 Millenium, with now over 700 rounds through it without FTF or FTE using dozens of different kinds of ammo, has earned my confidence. I will carry this piece as a personal defense weapon. Someone asked me on another thread if I was, at that time, ready to recommend this pistol as a PD weapon. My answer is still "NO!" Nor would I recommend any of my other hand guns. My sample is too small; conditions are not "controlled" when I have conducted my tests; and I'm not qualified or certified to conduct tests of this nature to be used by folks wanting to buy a hand gun for PD. I definitely think they are worth your consideration, but look to professionals in the gun and PD business for recommendations.

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Taurus Millenium Final Test - 11/01/16 09:12 PM

up
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Taurus Millenium Final Test - 11/01/16 10:05 PM

Can the trigger be adjusted? Gander Mountain has them for $230. Good price?
Posted By: mikei

Re: Taurus Millenium Final Test - 11/02/16 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
Can the trigger be adjusted? Gander Mountain has them for $230. Good price?

The owner's manual does not call out an adjustment for the trigger. I have found that I got used to the pull and break on my pistol within a few shots and have become quite comfortable with it.

Keep shopping, Dalee; I got mine for $218; but for the $12.00 difference, it may not be worth your time to keep shopping!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum