Texas Hunting Forum

Supressor for AR

Posted By: DWADR

Supressor for AR - 10/24/16 11:24 PM

Any suggestions on who/ where I can order one? I just. Ought my first AR15 a few months ago so I'm pretty green when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/24/16 11:57 PM

I've bought through SilencerShop in Austin and used a dealer in Arlington recently. Capitol Armory in Austin has good prices as well. SilencerShop and Capitol Armory have a large inventory so it will be "quicker" getting the suppressor if they already have it in stock.
There are also some decent deals on GunBroker but you will have to wait for the paperwork to ship it to a local FFL SOT and then file your paperwork with the ATF. Then wait 12 months.
Of course buying online is only good when you know exactly what you want and there isn't the opportunity to try it out first.
Posted By: DWADR

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 02:39 AM

Thanks, that's the third time I've heard about Capitol Armory so I'll give them a call.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 02:45 AM

It will be in prison for 6 to 8 months.
Posted By: Jbell99

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 02:49 AM

I ordered mine from silencer shop as well I am waiting a rugged suppressors surge 7.62 it's a really cool can in that it's belt fed rated and can be configured in a short and long configuration and the end cap is interchangeable between 5.56 and 7.62 so it's basically four cans in one. My only regret is I didn't buy local becuase going through silencer shop adds a extra month or two due to they have to file to switch it to your dealer before they submit your paperwork so it adds a extra one to two months in my case two months.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 03:13 AM

Yeah, I bought through a friend because of some issues with the SS. However they have a great selection and run some unbeatable prices.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
It will be in prison for 10 to 12 months or more.

FIFY. I submitted in July before the deadline and they are telling everyone now that it's 10-12, and I bet it will be more than that in the long run.

OP, I bought a SilencerCo Omega for my ARs. It can be direct-threaded to your barrel, or you can mount an adapter and make it easy to swap between guns. You can also get 5.56 or 7.62 end caps for versatility. Check out the Hybrid as well, it can handled up to .45 caliber and do pistols and rifles.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 02:37 PM

I've had good experiences with Capitol and Silencer Shop but now use Alpine Armory. He'll get close to those prices and submit paperwork ASAP. Hard to find a good local NFA dealer
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Supressor for AR - 10/25/16 03:10 PM

My LGS back in college station was awesome. They would beat any suppressor price I showed them by at least $20. They also never charged me transfer fees for my cans.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum