Texas Hunting Forum

I broke down

Posted By: scottfromdallas

I broke down - 10/15/16 08:35 PM

I fought the urge long enough. 10% off Tikkas and $170 in Cabela points broke my will.

What intrigues about the CTR is at 7.5 lbs it bridges the gap perfectly between a hunting rifle and a bench rifle. It's 308 Win.

Now I have a reason to look forward to the SWFA black Friday sale.

Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 08:59 PM

very nice!
Posted By: Big A

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 09:18 PM

One of my favs to shoot
Posted By: Grizz

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 09:22 PM

Nice rifle! I'd be willing to bet that's probably the most accurate off the shelf rifle you'll ever buy. I have a Tikka T3 Lite .308 and it's very accurate. I'm sure it's not what I could get out of a custom rifle, but for a hunting rifle it's way above average and likely all the accuracy I'll ever need.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 09:30 PM

Nice. 10% off firearms at Cabelas just brings their prices closer to the street price.

Is it one of the new T3X models? How do you like the stock compared to the T3?
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 09:30 PM

Grizz nailed it. We have 2 Tikkas and they are absolutely awesome shooters. You'll love the smooth action and accuracy. The only think I don't like about that model is the magazine sticking out. But that's a minor inconvenience that doesn't bother a lot of folks.

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
Nice. 10% off firearms at Cabelas just brings their prices closer to the street price.

It is a T3X and it is was on sale for $899. I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else. It's my first Tikka so I can't compare the stock to other Tikkas but I can say I really like it. The action of the Tikka is unbelievably smooth. I'm used to 2 lug Mauser control feed actions. They feed great but aren't nearly as slick. The trigger is perfect.

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: scottfromdallas
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

It is a T3X and it is was on sale for $899. I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else. It's my first Tikka so I can't compare the stock to other Tikkas but I can say I really like it. The action of the Tikka is unbelievably smooth. I'm used to 2 lug Mauser control feed actions. They feed great but aren't nearly as slick. The trigger is perfect.

Centerfireguns is my new favorite dealer. They have them for $896, free shipping, no tax. They dont take Cabelas bucks though smile You still got a great deal for Cabelas though, especially since T3X is supposed to have some nice improvements over the T3.

Curious, are the grips on the stock interchangeable? I thought I read they could be swapped out.

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 10:25 PM

They are interchangeable because it's only two scews however it doesn't come with any optional grips. The one on the rifle feels good to me.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 10:37 PM

I've been looking at those. It is a very nice rifle.

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: scottfromdallas
They are interchangeable because it's only two scews however it doesn't come with any optional grips. The one on the rifle feels good to me.

Yep, i just found the replacement grips on Beretta site. Very nice and versatile that you could run vertical grips for more precision and prone shooting and run traditional grips for hunting. Even better, they're very affordable at $22.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/t3x-vertical-pistol-grip-t3x-pistol-grip/s54067116/

Think you got a winner
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: I broke down - 10/15/16 11:56 PM

ooh you can do better than the rude people at SWFA

what glass are you thinkin?

Re: I broke down - 10/16/16 12:10 AM

I was considering this.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-3-9x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50716.aspx

I have two of these.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/598484/...t-reticle-matte

I may just move one of the Weavers from another rifle for now until I figure it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum