Texas Hunting Forum

need some holster help

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

need some holster help - 10/14/16 02:10 PM

So I had been carrying a Glock 19 as my everyday concealed carry. Then decided to buy an STI Guardian. I absolutely love the gun. However, I bought a "Sticky Holster" for it, since it was at the store I bought the gun at, and it looked like a cool idea. It is a great concept, aside form the fact that the soft side toward the body will inadvertently allow the slide safety to flip off and on at will. Since I carry cocked and locked, I cant go that route. Im thinking about going with a Milt Sparks SS2, as that seems like the consensus best option. It is for 4.25" barreled Commanders, and mine is a 4" barrel. I know I am probably being anal about it, and will most likely go with that holster. But was gonna reach out to yall and see what you thought might be a good option. I really want leather, and would prefer smooth side in. Don't know if the rough side in would mess up the finish or not... Im probably overthinking this anyway. I even thought about just doing OWB and pulling my shirt over it. I don't ever tuck anyways. Thoughts and opinions are welcome guys....
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: need some holster help - 10/14/16 02:29 PM

I carry my shield no safety with one in the chamber in a sticky holster from time to time no problem and usually appendix carry. Trigger isn't gonna pull itself.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: need some holster help - 10/14/16 02:36 PM

I've been extremely pleased with both of my Stealth Gear USA iwb holsters. I have one for a FS M&P 45 and one for my G26. They are top notch and built extremely well.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: need some holster help - 10/14/16 03:54 PM

Having owned Crossbreed, Comp-Tac, and Stealth Gear, I would agree that the Stealth Gear is definitely the best of that style.

But I've figured out that for me, not having the weight on my belt makes it a lot more comfortable. I use a 3-speed holster now.
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: need some holster help - 10/15/16 04:43 AM

The Milt Sparks is a great holster for a 1911. The extra .25 inch room at the bottom of the holster won't make a bit of difference.
Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: need some holster help - 10/16/16 05:43 AM

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRidgeLeather

These are made by a gentleman named Gary Nixon. He was my old boss at Academy in Mesquite and is still currently the store manager there. His leather holsters are very nice. I wear one I got from him everyday and it has barely even broke in. He can do custom imprints on the leather and really likes to make the products he makes. Highly recommended by me.
Posted By: 7o8

Re: need some holster help - 10/18/16 01:49 AM

+1 Milt Sparks Summer Special - works good with a 4" Kimber Pro. Been carrying in comfort for 12+ years. Can get them in a couple days from Brownells.

Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: need some holster help - 10/18/16 02:43 AM

My favorite milt Sparks is the vm2.

Walter
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: need some holster help - 11/01/16 04:25 PM

if you give kydex a chance they make them molded so that the holster retains the safety position. or at least my guy made mine for my 2011 that way.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum