Texas Hunting Forum

Ar 15 mount ??

Posted By: slayer12

Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:39 AM

What mounts have y'all seen to be the best. I have a few with Burris Pepr but kinda wanting to do something different on the 6.8. Have any of you tried america defense or what would y'all recommend?

Thanks,
Pics always welcome
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:43 AM

Ive never heard a bad thing about Larue, you get what you pay for.

I currently have a Burris PEPR and a SWFA ASSALT or whatever it is. Im looking to upgrade both soon.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:46 AM

Larue, ADM, bobro are all great. Supposedly GDI is the "best" but I havent handled or used one. Too expensive for me when the others are essentially half the price.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:55 AM

The ONLY thing I can say negative about my LaRue, is that I own only one.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: okstatefan
The ONLY thing I can say negative about my LaRue, is that I own only one.
roflmao
Posted By: Tye

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 02:06 AM

I use American defense and Larue
Posted By: slayer12

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Tye

Do you like one over the other. Or would you recommend one over the other.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:17 PM

We are running a Weaver tactical on 2 rifles, and it has been wonderful so far. Half the cost of the PEPR.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/147738...top-ar-15-matte

Many years ago when I built my first rifle, I bought a B-Square mount. It is a tank, weighs a ton, and is ugly. But the darn thing has been on there for several years and has never moved. I have no plans of replacing it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/105295...-flat-top-matte
Posted By: jimmyboy

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 01:53 PM

+1 on the Weaver Tactical. I have three on three different ar's right now and am very pleased. The mount puts the scope just right height for my eye.

Blessings,

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: slayer12
Originally Posted By: Tye

Do you like one over the other. Or would you recommend one over the other.

AD was a little cheaper but I can't pick one over the other. The AD mount has a slightly different lock for the QD mount and can be a little bit of a challenge punching in the lock button while opening it. Larues mount just has a slide lock which is pretty simple. Both return to zero when I swap out the scopes(within 1/4 MOA)

I use both these mounts on ARs
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 02:49 PM

For an economy mount I like AR-Stoner. For higher quality I like Nightforce or Badger Ordnance.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 03:03 PM

Can't go wrong w/Bobro, LaRue, AD. Having said that, the PEPR is good enough for 95% of people. I'd keep the PEPR & spend that extra money on ammo & training. I've owned PEPR & LaRue.
If:
you remove the scope often
and/or
you are using your weapon to the extreme, with your life constantly depending on it
then go w/one of the first 3 I mentioned.
I put my 6.8 thru the ringer w/a PEPR QD & never had a single issue.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 08:02 PM

I just bought an aero mount. It is not tactical or 8 oz like the other but it seems clean and it's for sure light.

If I were to jump up I would get the adm
Posted By: chalet

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/14/16 08:08 PM

I have Bobro QD, BUrris PEPR and a Primary Arms 1pc. No issues with any so far. I have had the Bobro on and off a couple times and it retains zero well.

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/15/16 10:55 PM

Pics of AD 20MOA on the creed and Larue SPR 1.5 on the SBR

Waiting on pigs to show
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Ar 15 mount ?? - 10/16/16 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Ive never heard a bad thing about Larue, you get what you pay for.

I currently have a Burris PEPR and a SWFA ASSALT or whatever it is. Im looking to upgrade both soon.

So I'm curious, if you have the PEPR and the SSALT, and are using them, I'd guess they work as intended. What would be the upgrade? I'm come over to the side of buying quality precision rings, so it's not that. But those both seem to be pretty well regarded, what will you hope to gain by buying the others?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum