Texas Hunting Forum

Shotgun shipping question

Posted By: krmitchell

Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 08:53 PM

I need to send in my shotgun to Benelli, what is the best way to do this (carrier, etc)? I don't know that I have the original box but I'm going to look, in the case that I don't what it the best way to pack it up? Benelli's only guidance was to take the barrel off prior to shipping.

Thanks in advance. Oh and Benelli's customer service has been spectacular for anyone that wants to konw.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 08:57 PM

Wrap it up as much as you can, pack it tight, and ship it. I use UPS for all my shipments. But USPS will be a little cheaper, but take longer. And FedEx sucks for any firearm or ammo related shipments.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Wrap it up as much as you can, pack it tight, and ship it. I use UPS for all my shipments. But USPS will be a little cheaper, but take longer. And FedEx sucks for any firearm or ammo related shipments.

I was planning on using UPS since I used them when I shipped my suppressor. Thanks. Do I need to declare it since it will be in pieces?
Posted By: leswad

Re: Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 09:17 PM

I believe UPS and FedEx make you ship firearms next day, and when I had to ship it, had to go to a distribution center. If you can, I would try and get Benelli to generate a waybill you can slap on and take it to any facility.
Posted By: don k

Re: Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 10:55 PM

USPS is the easiest.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Shotgun shipping question - 09/26/16 11:03 PM

There's 10 different ways you can ship it. If you have an account with UPS already, then generate the label yourself with all the specifics and amount you want to insure the "replacement value" of the contents. Deliver it directly to the UPS driver or UPS hub.

UPS Stores will not take a firearm generally, and if it's over $1K, then you will want to deliver it to the driver.

FedEx makes you over night a firearm, which is 2x to 3x more cost than needed. UPS can go ground, 2nd day, or over night. Lots of choices and easiest to work with, by far when it comes to ammo and firearms.

Originally Posted By: don k
USPS is the easiest.

UPS driver at your door step, vs going to USPS and waiting in line at USPS. I'll take UPS. USPS sucks for deliveries, also, at least on my end.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum