Texas Hunting Forum

Need help aging my Tikka 22-06

Posted By: TexasVine

Need help aging my Tikka 22-06 - 09/12/16 08:41 PM

Just picked up a beautiful Tikka M695 25-06 with wood stock. Seller told me it was pre Beretta. I have search the web and contacted Tikka with no success to age my rifle. Can anyone offer any assistance?

SN is 89XXXX

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Need help aging my Tikka 22-06 - 09/13/16 01:19 AM

Ummm IMO ALL the Tikka 595/695's & 658's are pre Beretta, and should be roll stamped Stoeger Ind with a South Hackensack NJ address..I worked out the 55 Ruta Ct, S Hackensack address from Nov '82 to Nov '88 when Stoeger was still owned by Nokia & Llama.

Beretta came along after that & after Stoeger had already moved to Wayne NJ I believe after I was gone in Nov '88, when the "divorce" 'tween Nokia and Llama took place. Hope that helps.
Ron
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Need help aging my Tikka 22-06 - 09/14/16 03:03 PM

Just a comment, if there is no roll stamp, it likely was sold thru a military rod & gun club. I had two Sakos with no roll stamp. I purchased them at my rod & gun club in 79 and 80 in Germany. I know they have really reduced our military presense in Europe, but pre 1992, a lot of guns were imported by military members.

Re: Need help aging my Tikka 22-06 - 09/15/16 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
Ummm IMO ALL the Tikka 595/695's & 658's are pre Beretta, and should be roll stamped Stoeger Ind with a South Hackensack NJ address..I worked out the 55 Ruta Ct, S Hackensack address from Nov '82 to Nov '88 when Stoeger was still owned by Nokia & Llama.

Beretta came along after that & after Stoeger had already moved to Wayne NJ I believe after I was gone in Nov '88, when the "divorce" 'tween Nokia and Llama took place. Hope that helps.
Ron

Thanks for the info.

Re: Need help aging my Tikka 22-06 - 09/15/16 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: nsmike
Just a comment, if there is no roll stamp, it likely was sold thru a military rod & gun club. I had two Sakos with no roll stamp. I purchased them at my rod & gun club in 79 and 80 in Germany. I know they have really reduced our military presense in Europe, but pre 1992, a lot of guns were imported by military members.

Interesting info. Thanks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum