Texas Hunting Forum

Burris PEPR

Posted By: SapperTitan

Burris PEPR - 09/09/16 09:36 PM

So I've been running my Armasight Vampire on my 223 AR but wanted to run it on my 6.8 SPC. I was hoping to be able to just swap optics and everything would hold zero but that's not the case. Zeroed Armasight swapped back to my SWFA 1-4 and it was .5 MIL low and .3 MIL off on windage bang . Guess I need to upgrade to a higher quality mount with QD. I was expecting maybe a slight POI change but not half a MIL.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/09/16 09:41 PM

They make a QR version, is that the one you tried?
Posted By: booradley

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 12:04 AM

I don't understand your question.

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: booradley
I don't understand your question.
that's bc I didn't ask a question. I was just stating my disappointment in the PEPR
Posted By: swmays

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 01:13 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but taking a mounted scope of one rifle and installing it on another rifle should yield less then a 1.8" difference in POI? How do you know it's not the rail/rifle?

I know, my ignorance is showing...
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays
Pardon my ignorance, but taking a mounted scope of one rifle and installing it on another rifle should yield less then a 1.8" difference in POI? How do you know it's not the rail/rifle?

I know, my ignorance is showing...

He is saying the SWFA 1-4 he took off his 6.8 to put his NV on then put then 1-4x back on his 6.8 expecting it to be close if not still zero'd.

Sapper you need that LaRue LT139 I have for sale in classifieds grin LaRue is supposed to return to zero I've never actually tried it before though.
Posted By: swmays

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 01:26 AM

O.I.C. Thanks.

Nice shemagh, too.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Guess I need to upgrade to a higher quality mount

Yes, you do.

You can skip the QD if you really want return to zero, and you can manage a torque driver and a half inch socket. Torque it the same every time, and I bet you get what you want.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 02:56 AM

I've read on numerous occasions that some PEPR mounts return to zero and most don't. So I guess it would pay to upgrade. I do have a PEPR QD. The only reason I'd remove the optic from the AR is if the optic failed and I needed to use the iron sights. For that purpose it works fine.

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: booradley
I've read on numerous occasions that some PEPR mounts return to zero and most don't. So I guess it would pay to upgrade. I do have a PEPR QD. The only reason I'd remove the optic from the AR is if the optic failed and I needed to use the iron sights. For that purpose it works fine.
I'm just looking to be able to swap between my daytime and nighttime optics. I really like shooting pigs with my 16 in 6.8SPC so I'd like to be able to run both optics but it may be a little unrealistic. May just have to save up and then sell the Armasight and get a clip on NV that I can just place in front of my daytime optic.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 09:57 PM

Sounds to me like you need a second 6.8 rifle.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/10/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch

This

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/11/16 12:53 PM

actually I do have another 6.8 it's a 10.5 in SBR that has a red dot on top. Just really wanted to use my 16 in but may give the SBR a try.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/12/16 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
actually I do have another 6.8 it's a 10.5 in SBR that has a red dot on top. Just really wanted to use my 16 in but may give the SBR a try.

Sounds like you need a THIRD 6.8.
Posted By: Loaded

Re: Burris PEPR - 09/12/16 08:40 PM

I use a LaRue on my LR-308 and it returns to zero with no issues. I've also heard good things about GG&G and American Defense.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum