Texas Hunting Forum

Opinions on a Beretta 686s

Posted By: FishKiller

Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/05/16 07:05 PM

Got a chance to shoot a few stations of sporting clays this weekend using a friends 686

Really liked the gun and he has offered to sell it to me since it's just a safe queen for him

Gun shoots great and is well balanced and will lake very little fitting for me

What are y'alls opinions on this for both a field gun and a sporting clays gun?
Posted By: Kentucky Native

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/05/16 08:03 PM

Beretta makes a great O/U. The 686/7s represent some of the better values in O/Us in the market today. They preform well, can take the abuse of high-volume shooting, and cost about half as much as a P gun or a K gun. If the gun fits you well and you're breaking targets with it "pull the trigger" and add it to your collection.

One small caution some 680 series guns shoot a little flat (50/50 pattern) for American trap, and rising targets on the sporting clays course. Get to a pattern board and make sure the gun shoots where you point it. If you like to "float" targets the standard 686 might need a little tweaking to make it shoot 80/20.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/05/16 09:41 PM

Buy it FK...Great guns. From a resale perspective, 32" barrels sell the best for sporting clays.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 04:33 AM

Buy it. Beat WAWI on squaw this winter and your whole again in no time. Very nice shotguns
Posted By: booradley

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 04:53 AM

If you shoot it well then buy it. If you don't shoot it well and want an O/U look at a Browning. Brownings and Beretta's fit quite a bit different. I like Beretta's but shoot Brownings better.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 12:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good advice.

Doesn't matter how pretty or nice the gun is....if you don't shoot it well you won't like it. I shoot Beretta O/Us really well. They feel like they fit me well and I happen to shoot the 686 well. Browning O/Us feel terrible to me and I shoot them terribly. However, I have a Browning Gold that feels like a turd in my hands but shoots lights out and I have a Benelli that feels like it was made for my hands that I shoot terribly with. I can pretty much shoot any Beretta semi well and they feel ok to me. Just goes to show that you can't base it solely on feel. You gotta shoot em.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 02:44 PM

Fine gun and fine balance. Wouldn't hesitate if the price is right. P_102
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 02:53 PM

If it's the right barrel length for your intended purpose and a good deal then I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it. They sell brand new for as low as $1750 from certain online wholesalers so don't pay more than that for a used one. Also consider the Browning Citori 725, best O/U from Browning in decades. I have owned both 680 series Beretta's and a Browning 725 and now I have a Caesar Guerinni, I don't see myself going back to either of the B guns. Good luck with your decision and rest assured that you will have a nice forever gun should you decide to bring it home.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Grandpa Lee
They sell brand new for as low as $1750 from certain online wholesalers so don't pay more than that for a used one.

Dang it, now I'm curious.. Where at?
Posted By: Dien

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 06:39 PM

Joel Etchen is usually the cheapest place unless there's one I don't know about. Gotta call for best price.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Dien
Joel Etchen is usually the cheapest place unless there's one I don't know about. Gotta call for best price.

Thats where I got mine. Mine was a sporting version and was right around $1850.
Posted By: FishKiller

Re: Opinions on a Beretta 686s - 09/06/16 11:14 PM

Ok

Looks like this model is an "E" and not an S 28" barrel with a full set of new extended chokes
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum