Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone score on gunbroker?

Posted By: Superduty

Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/24/16 11:21 PM

I got this for 355.00 Brand new in box from a gun shop with free shipping and no tax.

In addition an outstanding member here is not charging me any FFL fees.

Browning 12 ga. 26" 3" mossy oak BPS. Below is the exact gun.

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/brow...ry-p-50022.html
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/24/16 11:24 PM

What a deal! Congrats!!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/24/16 11:45 PM

That is a heck of a deal. Nice
Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 12:11 AM

Gunbroker is awesome for deals if you keep on it, and are fast on the draw.

Last year got a near new Belgium Browning A5 with new extra barrel for 365. Sold the etra barrel on gunbroker for 175 after I got it.

I have customers I do transfers for get some amazing bargains.
Posted By: Kentucky Native

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 04:22 AM

Fellows that have trouble spelling = really great gunbroker deals.

I've scored several great deals on Beneli, Browning Maxis, Swarovsky, Zeus & Tika over the years.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 04:33 AM

Have scored a few there over the years, last one DSS did the transfer on. Remington 788 in 30-30
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 04:46 AM

I got a Bowers Vers 50 suppressor for just under $650 (plus tax stamp) out the door. And the dealer was local so no transfer and no FFL fee. I was happy with the deal.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Kentucky Native
Fellows that have trouble spelling = really great gunbroker deals.

I've scored several great deals on Beneli, Browning Maxis, Swarovsky, Zeus & Tika over the years.

roflmao it's funny because it's true. roflmao I found a "Karr with nite sites" on TGT for $250. It turned out to be a black diamomd Kahr PM9 with Truglo TFOs and 2 extra mags. grin
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 12:53 PM

Lots of great deals just gotta sift. Ive ended up with several really great guns for less than i would have ever thought.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 01:14 PM

I don't buy as many guns as a lot of yall, but I feel the one and only time I bought off of gun broker, I scored. It wasn't a superb deal, but it was exactly what I was looking for. It was either $650 or 700 (cant quite remember) for a Remington 700 BDL 22-250 for my wife in 99% new condition. There was one tiny scratch by the front sling swivel, and the guy said he had less than a box of rounds through it. I've always been a stickler for good condition wood BDLs. The guy said he bought it brand new, shot half a box through it, and stuck it in the safe.

Terrible picture of it, but hers is on the bottom. Matches my 30-06 perfectly. I worked up a load for it and its less than 1/2 moa, so it was a "score" in my book. up

Posted By: Dien

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 02:27 PM

I haven't been on their in months. It's a money pit of good deals.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 02:40 PM

Best one for me was titled as a Springfield Hunting Rifle on gunbroker. I recognised it as an 1895 dated Model 96 Krag Carbine and won it for around 6 or 7 hundred. The front sight had been filed, barrel band and handguard missing, and saddle ring gone. Easily found the original parts cheap enough on ebay to restore it. Those Rough Rider era carbines in original configuration are worth way more than what I paid.
Posted By: M Wilson

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 04:00 PM

i just nabbed a used Mossberg 935 with extra chokes,sling and a hard case for $240.
pretty sweet deal in my book
Posted By: BushFamilyNine

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 04:51 PM

Definitely check out the misspellings and wrong categories.
I won two Rock River ARs off of Gunbroker during the Sandy Hook panic. Two rifles, scopes, mags, and 300 rounds of ammo all for $1400. Auction ended at 6AM on a Sunday. Everything was legit with the seller.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/25/16 09:35 PM

Picked up what was advertised as a 'sporterisized [their spelling]' mauser. Turns out it was an Interarms rifle that had been shortened. Got it for $250 shipped/insured.

It's now a 358 Winchester.

Just recently I picked up a Tikka Stainless 223/5.56 for under $400 that looks like it hadn't been shot too much. Takes some cheap re-manufactured loads and prints them inside of a dime at 100.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/26/16 12:34 AM

I've always been afraid of getting bad end of a deal on there when I have found stuff worth getting
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/26/16 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Best one for me was titled as a Springfield Hunting Rifle on gunbroker. I recognised it as an 1895 dated Model 96 Krag Carbine and won it for around 6 or 7 hundred. The front sight had been filed, barrel band and handguard missing, and saddle ring gone. Easily found the original parts cheap enough on ebay to restore it. Those Rough Rider era carbines in original configuration are worth way more than what I paid.
exactly what I have been looking for
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/26/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: mudd
I've always been afraid of getting bad end of a deal on there when I have found stuff worth getting

I got burned once, and now I have a couple rules I follow:

1. Seller must have over 100 review and an almost spotless rating.
2. He must answer any questions I have and not sound shady and be willing to supply whatever photo I ask for.
3. If I have any inkling of something not being 100% legit, I don't bid.
Posted By: tuf-duc

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/30/16 03:41 AM

I've bought 5 Shotguns from Gunbroker. Beretta's, Winchester's and a couple Franchi's. That place is my go to site for great deals and quality Shotguns.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/30/16 04:02 AM

I bought an 8mm Kipper for $0.25 plus $25.00 shipping. It was really a 9mm Kimber Aegis II. I am still very happy with it...
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/31/16 02:11 PM

I've got some good deals but I've also gotten some headaches......

1. "Winchester Pre-64 30-30 Great Condition"- It would have been in great condition, except for the cracked forend and missing screw; but after contacting the seller I did get a partial refund that ended up making it a really good deal.

2. Had more issues with shippers damaging rifles sent to the FFL.... Had an original Remington 700 with the 20" barrel in like new condition that arrived with the stock split in half long ways as well as another Pre-64 30-30 that had its stock split as well.

The insurance made good on both......After 3 months and 6 calls to UPS and threating to file larceny charges on them!
Posted By: P_102

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/31/16 04:41 PM

Been a while but scored an 'as new' Rem. 3200, 30" bbls for $700. Had it shipped straight to Briley so they could do their magic.
The 'as new' part of the ad was an understatement..it's immaculate. P_102
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/31/16 05:15 PM

I've bought several guns on gunbroker. The only minor problem I experienced was receiving an absolutely filthy Ruger M77 in .280 Rem. Like someone spilled a Coke on it. Cleaned it up and now it's my #1 take everywhere rifle.

Great tip on watching the spelling. And some on here say it doesn't matter. grin Better communication skills = mo' money.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 08/31/16 11:24 PM

I've bought several guns on GB with great deals. Last was a limited edition Remington CDL SF 300 WM Anniversary . Another was LNIB S&W 629-1
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Anyone score on gunbroker? - 09/01/16 01:54 AM

I did buy one gun and had some issues. I bought a Savage M99 in 257 Roberts that turned out to be a stolen gun and I had to ship it back. Some low life stole it from his uncle. The dude's dad called me and paid for everything plus 10%. Felt bad for the dude's dad, pretty sure it cost him quite a bit of money. It was a pretty nice gun still looking for one like it...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum