Texas Hunting Forum

Is it just me?

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Is it just me? - 08/22/16 10:40 PM

I joined the Arlington Sportsman Club Sat. with my wife and used the 200 yard range to shoot a little...pretty good day. I put 5 rounds inside an inch with my custom 6.5 CM and I placed three rounds from different rifles into a nice group at a deer target. Then I went and shot yesterday at the same range...couldn't hit my but with both hands. I couldn't put five rounds inside two inches! Ugh! And yes they were the same etc etc etc. When I sat down to shoot I simply felt an uneasiness and I had a hard time really focusing. The harder I tried the worse I shot. Very very frustrating!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Is it just me? - 08/22/16 10:48 PM

Was you shooting or the wife first time? Was she holding your hand or rubbing your leg? Lol
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 01:59 AM

Yep it's just you
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Yep it's just you
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 02:36 AM

When you get frustrated it's time to step back take a couple minutes to collect your thoughts and think about the basics. Steady position, sight picture, breathing, and trigger squeeze. Most likely you are not doing one or more of those properly when you are frustrated.
Posted By: spg

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 03:00 AM

A rifle is like a woman, its all in the way you hold her.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 03:46 AM

It's not just you.

Some days I cannot miss. Some days I cannot hit the broad side of a barn. There are a lot of things that have to come together just perfectly for a great group. But I do think that the more you practice, the less bad days you'll have.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Is it just me? - 08/23/16 08:10 PM

On those bad days if I check my blood pressure, it's usually high. Slightly affects both my vision and my steadiness. Allergies will do it too.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Is it just me? - 08/24/16 01:05 PM

I have days where I can't shoot worth a flip and others days where I'm surprised by how well I shot.
Posted By: HTDUCK

Re: Is it just me? - 08/24/16 06:13 PM

Wind on that range is a killer too.
I know, I do all my load development there on the 200 range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum